Fess up ... who has matching carseats?

MarathonMama

Everyone thinks it's hilarious that I have matching carseats for my 2 girls (AF MA). To be frank, when I bought my ODD's MA there were no other girly seats available in Canada so I literally had to call around and have one put aside for me a 2 hour drive away. When YDD outgrew her SR there was no question that I would get another AF MA ... to prevent fights, because I :love: them, and because again there weren't many (if any) girly options other than the TF in Monet!

So, who has purposely matching carseats? What were your reasons?

ADS

munchkin

I don't right now, because one is FF and one is RF. But I can't wait until E turns FF (I know that is awful), I am going to get him a Frontier (probably in Red) to match M's pink Frontier.

hboo22

Until earlier this week (when we got DD1's Nautilus), I had 2 matching Monet True Fits in my car (and matching daisy scenera's before that). It is bothereing me that our new Mariposa Nautilus and the TF don't match..... :)

Starlight

Senior Community Member
My kids are in matching seats - 2 Cowmoo Marathons (1 RF, 1 FF) and a Cowmoo Parkway booster, and a black and white plaid infant seat, which isn't an exact match, but is as good as it gets!

TheQueenMother

Mine don't. I change covers so much they don't even coordinate. However, at one point I had a cowmoo and a zebra side by side and it was fabulous. It is harder to coordinate a boy and a girl though. If I had another girl it would have been all bling all the time

MarathonMama

Until earlier this week (when we got DD1's Nautilus), I had 2 matching Monet True Fits in my car (and matching daisy scenera's before that). It is bothereing me that our new Mariposa Nautilus and the TF don't match..... :)

LOL! I'm debating between a Pink sky FR and a Malibu XT but I'm afraid it will really bother me that they don't match (or at least coordinate) when it eventually goes back into our primary vehicle with the MA for YDD.

Does it bother anyone if you have a grey interior and your carseat has black or brown fabric/plastic, etc?

Holly

Mine match! I used to use a brown and black scenera for my youngest (now my middle child) so when I bought a Radian 65 I bought the champaign so they would kind of match.

I ended up getting a FPSVD last year because it was on sale for $40! I used that instead of the Scenera. I didn't care what the cover was. I then got a cowmoo MA cover from someone that I used on it because the FPSVD cover is crappy.

So this Feb when my 3rd was born, I had all mismatched seats, I had a keyfit for the baby. A few months ago I planned to get a Roundabout 50 in cowmoo to match the FPSVD and then I traded my tan radian cover with someone and got the manhattan (the grey one from the RN80). I figured dark grey and black would match better with cowmoo than tan would.

Then I decided to get another Radian instead of the RA50 since it would last my kids longer and fit easier 3 across. So I bought a RN80 in manhattan to match. I figured if I was going to buy a new seat anyway, I might as well get a matching one. I like the plushy feel of the manhattan cover better than the suede covers on the 65's anyway, and this way my girls also can't fight over who sits in what seat.

I actually just got my new seat yesterday and installed it today so I don't have an updated siggy picture yet. I like my seats to match as much as they can, and I like neutral covers. It's nice that they all now match the interior of my car too.

twinsmom

I do, but with twins I guess it's a little easier since I buy 2 seats at the same time (boy/girl though presents a challenge.) They had matching infant buckets, then matching grey Roundabouts. Then I strayed - they each got a Regent, but I loved the Madison for DD, and call me old-fashioned but I just couldn't put DS in that cover;). Now they are both in beautiful, sleek, black (Benno) Multi Techs.:love:

miraclebabies

Mine match.... I have a 2.5yr old RF and a 8m RF both in Cowmoo MA's. I love the cowmoo and am going to get another cover for my other MA. Those seats are in the main car we drive. My other seats dont match but they mostly get switched around often. I try and use my Cowmoo's the most cause I love the matching and the covers.

autumnlily

At one point, I had three Ashley Floral MAs in our van!

Now, I have a pink coccoro, tan swirl RA and Miley GN (tan/pink)... so we coordinate.

I still have to AF MAs that make their way side by side when I'm in the mood!

cande

Twin dds here, so we match :) Matching Snugrides in Lindsey from birth to 7m. Matching RAs in Aloha from 7m to 32m (present) Extra seats are matching navy blue sceneras. Looking to get matching nautili that will "match" the interior of my Ody - tan leather. So, likely its 2 Mileys in our future!

njkj

I am debating wether if i want a crimson MA for grace when she out grows her snugride so it will match Ds's FN, Or the red XT (if it fits)

emandbri

I have a matching problem.

Elizabeth and Benjamin are both in Monaco radians Daniel is in a backless red monterey but it doesn't bug me.

Before that Benjamin was in a green marathon, Elizabeth Erin, Daniel in a brown parkway, and Jacob in a brown prospect so they went well together.

I used to have Benjamin in a denim MA and Jacob and Daniel had denim star risers.

My favorites coordinating seats of all time were my brown roundabout next to my brown plaid century ascend.

melniemi

Mine don't match at all right now, but they did at one point.

Here was my favorite set up.
Sig.jpg

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I do, completely by accident. i bought abig lots AOe for ds, cuz it was cheap. the only color choice is a gray pattern. Then, dd needed a hwh seat, and the nauti was the only one to really fit the bill(this was over a year ago) and it came in..gray, gray and gray at that time, lol, so we got gray. so i have seats that basically match, by no design of my own.

oxeye

I've had matching plenty of times. :) 2 AF Marathons, 2 Luau Marathons, a Shannon Regent with a Shannon Boulevard, and right now two Malibu Radian XTs. Oh, we also did the AF Marathon/Madison Regent combo.

I don't have all matching anymore, though - the boy complicated things. ;) But in my car we'll have a Pink Frontier, a Red XT, and a cowmoo Marathon (once he outgrows the Keyfit). They won't match but I think the black in all three seats will tie them together nicely.

Pics of past configurations -

CIMG1953.jpg

CIMG1959.jpg

CIMG1803.jpg

tether2.jpg

featherhead

Nope, but I'm hoping to get the girls RNXTs in a year or so. They will be matching, but I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to convince DH that we need the Malibu:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC