Don't count on a 40 lb True Fit

zeo2ski

Good thing the Complete Air is so tall because LC/TFY has no plans of upping the weight limit on the TF. I emailed about a month ago and just finally got a reply saying they've been informed they have no plans to up the RF weight limit of either TF model. Just thought I'd pass that along.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Makes some sense to me. As excited as everyone is about the 40lb limit seats, most kids don't need 40lbs to get to a reasonable ff'ing age, and most parents are never going to use the seats to 40lbs. 35lbs rf'ing is a perfectly acceptable limit for most kids. :shrug-shoulders:

jess71903

Ambassador
:( . Makes me sad. For our SN situation, we NEED a 40lb seat. I am going with the Radian, but a 40lb RF TF would be my car seat heaven.

MJHY27

Oh well, it would have given me a little more breathing room to have a 40lb limit but I think our TF is still going to get my daughter to about 3.5yo rfing. She is only 29lbs now, fully clothed, and will be 3 in October.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC