Can you measure your booster for me?

BeckC

I'm making a list of boosters for a friend and I'd like to give her some measurements. Could you please measure your boosters for me? :)

I need the top seated shoulder height, seat width, and seat depth (leg room) for the following boosters.

Graco Turbo
Graco Air (are they still making this?)
Recaro Vivo
Compass B540
Sunshine Kids Monterey
Britax Parkway SG
Graco Nautilus
Britax Frontier

and any other boosters I've forgotten.

Thank you so much!

ADS

cmm7

All measurements are belt guide, interior width (at bum), exterior width (widest point), and depth.

Monterey- 20", 9.5", 16", 13"
Vivo- 20.5", 12", 17", 11"
Frontier- 21.5", 12", 19", 13"
Combi Kobuk- 20.5", 12", 17", 11"
Turbo- 19", 10.5", 16", 13" w/ back 15" without
Compass B500- 18", 12", 18.5", 12.5"

Hope that helps!

myliljunebugs

I can do my Nautilus when I get home later, but I'm not home right now. :) The only other on that list that I have currently is the Vivo and Claire already took care of that

Air booster has been discontinued but is still on sale at some e-tailers and stores (I've seen them at my local Target.
Measurements I get for my DD's Air Booster at top setting:

height (seat to belt guide) 19.75"
interior width (at bum) about 9.5 -10" (it's more curved than the Turbo)
exterior width at widest point: 17" (at cupholders)
exterior width at *rear* of base 11.5" at very back, 15" at widest point of lap belt guide area (this is why it can puzzle better than a Turbo - more room at the buckling area)
seat depth: about 16" without back, 15.5" with back (the seat slopes upward and then curves down at the front, so I approximated the seat depth measurement by placing a piece of cardboard on the seat and measuring where it intersected another piece of cardboard at the end of the seat, perpendicular to the floor - clear as mud?

Andie

All measurements are belt guide, interior width (at bum), exterior width (widest point), and depth.

Vivo- 20.5", 12", 17", 11"

Hope that helps!

When I measured the seat depth on my Vivo the other day (DOM 12/07) it was 12". :scratcheshead:

ginny4

i get better belt guide height for the monterey than what you got. my 21in torso boy still fits it.

cmm7

When I measured the seat depth on my Vivo the other day (DOM 12/07) it was 12". :scratcheshead:

Hmm... I am not sure. I did these measurements at a store and wrote it all down so I cannot recheck. It very well could be 12" and I just measured wrong. If you have the seat to check with I would go by that!

cmm7

i get better belt guide height for the monterey than what you got. my 21in torso boy still fits it.

This I do have to disagree with. S has about a 21" torso now and has outgrown the Monterey. So unless there is something wrong with the one I sat her in, it can not be over 20".

Andie

Hmm... I am not sure. I did these measurements at a store and wrote it all down so I cannot recheck. It very well could be 12" and I just measured wrong. If you have the seat to check with I would go by that!

I can go out tomorrow and recheck it.

munchkin

Frontier- 21.5", 12", 19", 13"

I get 24 inches for the Frontier. That is from the seat to the bottom of the red belt guide. It is hugely different from any other booster.
DSC04998.jpg

*These measurements are from past photos, I will go out tomorrow and remeasure to make sure.*
I get 14.75 (almost 15) inches between armrests.
I get 14 inches for depth (though it is kinda hard to measure, because the seat slopes down, so everyone could measure in different spots).

ginny4

This I do have to disagree with. S has about a 21" torso now and has outgrown the Monterey. So unless there is something wrong with the one I sat her in, it can not be over 20".

NEVERMIND. i AM VERY WRONG! :eek: see i only moved my DS1 from the monterey to a backless because his brother needed it (outgrew the turbo) all of 2 MONTHS AGO! i didn't check his torso height then. i checked yesterday for torso height & got 21in so i just assumed that he still fit cause he did one month ago. so i had him testt he monterey again to prove my point. LOL lo & behold this child had a gprwth spurt & NO LONGER fits. his shoulders were touching the bottom of headrests:eek:

Last edited:
U

Unregistered1

Besides the Frontier, the Monterey is the tallest I have seen (I've never met a Vivo though). I fit in it. It is taller than the First Years boosters, taller than the new Chicco booster, taller than the turbos and the air and the big kid and the Compass boosters. I have sat in all of these and the only one I fit in was the monterey. I was unable to check the height on the new PW120 though... it was up on a table too high for me to sit in!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC