Just wanted to share a Picture...1993

lovinwaves

I just wanted to share this picture(with permission from the mom). This is my friends 1993 Jeep Cherokee that has three Britax's in it. Ages are 4, 3, & 13mths. Her daugher is in a Parkway but her dolly is covering her face. By the way my friend just had her fourth child last week, so they are going to be getting a new Sienna hopefully next year! Yay for her!!

6278484_348.ts1163967244477.jpg

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
lol the doll makes it look like another child in there! At first I thought there was four!

scatterbunny

Cute pic! But oh...I'm cringing seeing a 13mo forward-facing (even though I had Hayley FF at 13mo, I didn't know any better back then).

lovinwaves

Cute pic! But oh...I'm cringing seeing a 13mo forward-facing (even though I had Hayley FF at 13mo, I didn't know any better back then).

I'm not sure she can get a good install with it rear-facing. It's pretty crammed as it is. I told her didn't believe her when she said she had 3 Britax's in the backseat of a Jeep. LOL!! So I just had to take a picture.

scatterbunny

In my understanding, it's usually easier to fit three across if one seat is rear-facing because of the way they puzzle together. I'd strongly encourage her to at least try it out. He's just so young and small, still. :( I'd even get a different seat for one of the kids if it made the difference in the littlest being able to rear-face.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
She could try rfing in the middle, but it's a bit harder to put the child in. Though at 13mos I'm sure he could climb over the outboard seat (the booster would be easiest). I can't imagine having 4 kids and only room for 3! How does she go anywhere?

SPJ&E

In my understanding, it's usually easier to fit three across if one seat is rear-facing because of the way they puzzle together. I'd strongly encourage her to at least try it out. He's just so young and small, still. :( I'd even get a different seat for one of the kids if it made the difference in the littlest being able to rear-face.

I agree completely! There's no way I can fit a rear-facing Marathon next to a rear-facing Scenera in my car, but I CAN fit a RF Marathon next to a FF Scenera. It took a while for me to get my second son's rear-facing Snugride beside my first son's rear-facing Marathon, but I worked at it and was determined to do and I did because I knew how much safer my first son would be if I kept him rear-facing.

Anyway, they do puzzle together a lot of times and work out even better! You just have to be willing to try!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
And not only that...she has the BV in the center and a RA outboard. If nothing else, she needs to switch those around and put the BV outboard for the SIP.

And yep, you get a WAY better fit with one ff and one rf...I know from personal experience the BV/RA is a great combo...although I will admit, I had the BV rf next to a ff RA. I've also had both rf and got a good fit...but my vehicle is wider.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I noticed that too! The BV is in the center. I would put that outboard too.

I am impressed by the three Britaxes across the back, though. Impressive! :)

scatterbunny

Someone said she had 4 kids? So is an older child riding up front? 'Cause I'm thinking, does the '93 Cherokee have a passenger side airbag? If not, I'd put the 13mo rear-facing up front and the bigger kid in back, if she absolutely cannot fit the RF/FF/booster combo in the back (though I really, really think she can!).

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
From the OP, she just had a newborn...so I'm guessing she's got the newborn up front...and I would guess there would be no passenger side airbag.

Tara

Wow...yes, impressive for a Cherokee ;)

And as the others, I do cringe at the 13 mo old ff. Would certainly suggest puzzling to fit him rf, likely in the middle would work, as suggested already. And a 4 yr old in a PW too...I know I know..some *can* handle it, but we all know that's also a minimum age for a bpb. We just don't *like* to see 'em that young.

Anywho..wow..hope your friend gets that new van ASAP!! Nothing like having more kids than seats ;)
Tell her she has a cute bunch of critters too :)

lovinwaves

Ok, so I have been meaning to post this for awhile now, so here it goes.
My friend that has the Jeep wants to know which of her children should be in the front seat. Also what should the configuration be in the rear seat. The 14 mth old is 33pounds, and can no longer rear-face.

5 year old-Parkway
4 year old-Boulevard ff'ing
14mth old-Roundabout ff'ing
newborn-Peg Perego bucket

skipspin

Generally I would say the 4 yr old in the FFing harnessed seat. But, if there is no passenger airbag, then the infant seat would be a good option as well since the RFing child is the most protected by the car seat.

I'd also make sure the seatbelt is locked on that infant seat unless it has lockoffs ;-)

lovinwaves

Yes, there are NO airbags in the front. She has been putting DD in the Parkway in the front seat.

What about the configuration in the back seat?

skipspin

I'd say the oldest harnessed child OR the RFing infant would be technically the best in the front, but I know sometimes when all are safe you have to go with convienence as long as it's not a huge difference is safety.

When you know who she wants in the front then we could play with the configuration.

skaterbabs

yeah, I put CJ in the front in his booster, because that meanst the kids oculd get in and out more easily. That and I would take out the booster while he was in school rather than leave it there. Since I usually do my errands while the boys are in school, it made more sense to have Joyjoy in the back so she would be safe because she's the most common passenger.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC