Is there more seating room in the nauti than the TB or is my kid just a complainer?

TheQueenMother

DD age nearly 8 complains that the TB is snug on her hips. She crawled in DD#3's nauti today and said it felt a lot better. I was not sure if she was just trying to start a fight or if there really was more room for her in that seat. What do you think?
Amanda

ADS

April

I haven't measured or anything, but right away I thought that there must be more room in the GN. Hmm... Maybe I'll measure in the morning. The GN slopes back towards the seatbight though amd the armrests are way different, so I can see how it would feel different to your DD.

Kayleen

I think the Nautilus has a little wider seat, which is why many people do not think it makes a great highback booster, but every child is different.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Yes, we have both and the Nauti is a good bit wider -- a child who overflows the Turbo can squish into the Nauti.

Kayleen, the wider seat is not why some people do not like the Nauti as a booster: it is because the Nauti tends to position the lap belt too high on the abdomen.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yes, we have both and the Nauti is a good bit wider -- a child who overflows the Turbo can squish into the Nauti.

Kayleen, the wider seat is not why some people do not like the Nauti as a booster: it is because the Nauti tends to position the lap belt too high on the abdomen.

In some kids anyways. It can't be said as a blanket statement - and really, it's not bad the way that we see in many other combination seats. The fit is borderline on my just barely 40lb dd, and by the time she's ready for a booster I could see it fitting her. A lot of times belt fit is dependant on the vehicle's seatbelt geometry too. :thumbsup:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yep..i can squish my 12-next-week, 107 pound stepson into the nauti, but can't wedge him into the turbo no -how. Nauti = bigger.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
In some kids anyways. It can't be said as a blanket statement - and really, it's not bad the way that we see in many other combination seats. The fit is borderline on my just barely 40lb dd, and by the time she's ready for a booster I could see it fitting her. A lot of times belt fit is dependant on the vehicle's seatbelt geometry too. :thumbsup:

You're right that it's not a blanket statement and that it's a lot better than a lot of combination seats -- I should have been more careful in my wording, but my point was that the complaints about the Nauti as a booster have nothing to do with the fact that the seat is wider than that of the Turbo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC