Question A car that will fit 3 Radians across, on a budget?

Yellie417

I was in an accident on Monday and our car was totalled. I already ordered Radians to replace the seats that were in the accident, somewhat based on the premise that our mini van was going to be fixed. But it ended up being a total loss. So now we're in the market for another car. Our budget is tight- $4-6000. Any suggestions on finding the safest car possible that still has enough room? I really really like the new carseats, but we'd need to have enough space to keep them rear facing. I don't know if we'll be able to find anything spacious enough with such a tight budget. Specifically, does anyone know if a 2000 Suzuki Esteem Wagon has enough space for rear facing Radians, or if it has good safety ratings? I'm not too familiar with wagons. Thank you in advanced for your thoughts!

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
What combination of FF/RF do you need? I have a 2003 Ford Focus (wagon) and currently have a RF Radian behind the driver, a FF Radian behind the passenger, and definitely have enough room for another Radian in the middle. (Might not work if you need two RF and have a tall driver AND passenger, though.)

Nisha

We have a 1999 Buic Regal and I'm 99.9% positive I could fit 3 radians across in the back seat, any combination for FF or RF. We currently have 1 RF, 1 FF (Radian's) and space for 1 adult in the back.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have a 2006 Civic and can easily fit three Radians, in any combination, across the back. In fact, I currently have a FF Nautilus, a FF Radian, and a RF Radian (in that order) across the back. :)

gsdguenter

How do you have enough room in a civic for 3 kids and all the stuff that goes with them? Does it really work for you? Hmmmm . . . I thought with 3 kids you'd have to have a minivan or big suv or maybe wagon.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
How do you have enough room in a civic for 3 kids and all the stuff that goes with them? Does it really work for you? Hmmmm . . . I thought with 3 kids you'd have to have a minivan or big suv or maybe wagon.

I keep my trunk very empty and only have a single stroller in the trunk. That leaves TONS of room for other "stuff."

A few weeks ago, I had a Pack n Play, a stroller, a medium-size suitcase (the biggest that an airline will allow), a backpack packed full of toys, and several other small things all in my trunk. It fit well!

3plus2isme

I have a 2007 civic and we just drove across 2 provinces with a FF marathon, FF radian and a PP SIP (bought it while on vacation.) Along with all the kids toys to entertain them on the drive. The trunk had 2 big suitcases, a BOB revolution, 3 pillows, a blanket, a maclaren volo and a bunch of other "cr@p" LOL

I love my civic to much to give it up now that #3 is on the way... Although we do have a fullsize truck for when we want/need more room.

Maedze

I'm pretty sure any car could fit 3 radians across width wise.

Definitely not. I had a Hyundai Santa Fe that simply wouldn't have worked in. I've also tried three Radians across in a Nissan Altima, which has a huge back seat. I could make it LOOK very pretty, but once you pulled out the center seat, the outboard seats simply weren't independently installed.

Maedze

If it won't fit 3 Radians, it won't fit 3 carseats at all.

Depends on how it puzzles. If they are rear facing and forward facing, that's another thing.

For example, I can put a rear facing Radian, a forward facing Radian, and a FPSV booster across in a Dodge Stratus. Definitely can't put 3 FF Radians across though. You can't even get the FPSV booster next to the Radian without having the booster on a thirty degree angle.

elle7715

I'm pretty sure any car could fit 3 radians across width wise.
Mine can't if they're all facing the same direction, at least not so all are independently secure. It's a 2008 Chevy Cobalt.
Depends on how it puzzles. If they are rear facing and forward facing, that's another thing.
I agree. I can fit three Radians in our car IF the middle seat is RF. Technically I could also have the two outboard seats RF and the middle seat FF but the driver would be eating the steering wheel. I can also do the combo you mentioned with a FF Radian, RF Radian, and then a FPSVB. We'll definitely be needing a new car when the new baby can't RF anymore. Luckily with the Radian's new 40 lb RF limit that will give us at least a couple years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC