My new radian is here!

Holly

My Radian 80 showed up just before 3:30 pm and I ordered it yesterday around 5:30! Not even 24 hours later!
The DOM is from May 2009!
Did they stop putting the velcro on the harness and covers? Mine doesn't have any.

ADS

tracee877

Can I ask where you bought it from? I ordered an 80 from diapers.com last month and it came with a DOM of 7/08.:confused: I sent it back. I'm wanting to get a newer one.

Holly

It was from diapers.com.
The place it was sent from is in Reno Nevada and I'm in Northern Utah, so I can see how it wouldnt have taken long since they upgraded me to overnight shipping (they did that when I ordered diapers too!).
I'm kinda bummed they don't have velcro on them anymore, I loved that! Even when I didn't velcro it, it was nice that the buckle tongs never slipped down past the velcro and you have to go digging for them. I think I'll have this new one outboard to make loading easier.

canadiangie

I put a piece of velcro on the harness of my RNXT to keep the harness from slipping down. I used the soft side so it wouldn't scratch dd's legs. Works for me.

Holly

So, do we get to see your new 3 across?

Yep. tomorrow. Dh has the car at work so I'm installing first thing in the morning.
I'm trying to decide if I want the baby outboard right away or if I want him in the middle for a while since he's still little and wont be a pain to lift into the center until he's a little bigger. The girls fight a lot so it would be nice to separate them. I'm going to install a few different ways just to see what my options are then I'll decide what I want to do.

Pixels

Yeah, they did stop putting the velcro on the harness/covers. They said they only had complaints about it snagging, and nobody said that they liked it, so they took it off.

The really stupid part? My new(er) Radian65 has velcro on the harness but not the cover. One of these days I'll get around to switching the cover with the old one (which has velcro).

Holly

I didn't take pics with the kids today, it was hot and we had to run a bunch of errands. I'll get some tomorrow though because it's really bugging me that my siggy isn't updated. Josh fits great in the FPSVD and the recline is perfect so I don't have to change it. Abby's been bugging to sit in the middle (since that used to be Hannah's official spot) and Hannah's been bugging to sit in the new seat, so it's worked out great so far. I took the pillow off the new seat though, it was bugging the girls. Glad I didn't get the RNXT! I'm going to have to get the memory foam pad for under the old seat now (not that they have complained or anything).
It's still going to drive me nuts that they quit with the velcro. I think I'm going to call them and see if I can get a new harness that has it (did they make any velcro ones at all after they made the removable harness?). It's not so much for sticking it to the seat out of the way, but it's more for the buckles not sliding all the way down and having to dig to find them. Do you think they would send me a new harness if I called and asked?

Pixels

(did they make any velcro ones at all after they made the removable harness?)

Yes, my 65 has both removable harness and velcro. I think it was for a fairly narrow manufacturing window, September (when they introduced the replaceable harness) through Novemberish I would guess.

It would probably be a lot easier to just put it on yourself.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC