A priority/saving money question

christineka

I'm going to switch my 2 yo to the rfing radian and put my 4.5 yo dd forward facing. (Even though she could rf to age 7.) The evenflo tribute has a rfing limit of 30 pounds which is why we're going to do the switch. I cannot fit any other rfing seat (other than the radian) in that position. Dh isn't into rfing forever and prefers to not buy fancy car seats, so he's made the decision to ff dd. (I gave him the decision.)

Anyway, the tribute's tether is too short. I could buy the extender for $12.70. I don't really want to have to buy the extender. I think it should have come with a long enough tether. I'm thinking ffing in the middle next to the turbo in the 40 seat (back row of the sienna) I might be able to fit the avenue. Then I don't have to buy the tether extender.

I would have to put the tribute ffing in dh's car. The little kids ride in his car about once a month or less often. Usually they just go to the store. Every now and then we meet dh out at work, go out to eat, and then he wants to drive the boys the hour home in his car. Would you be okay with a 30 pound almost 3 yo ffing in this situation? The tether reaches the anchors in the car.

Both ds and 4 yo dd fit in the avenue rfing in the same slot. They'd be on the same slot in the tribute ffing too.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It seems like there are two questions here.

Yes, I'd be okay with a 3yo 30# child forward-facing if there was no other choice.

I do think that spending $12.70 to keep that same child rear-facing is a reasonable choice.

christineka

It is irrelevant since the avenue won't fit in any position rear or forward facing. Now I can justify the cost of the extender.

christineka

What car does your dh have that the Avenue won't fit in? Just curious - what are the issues?

No, it is the sienna, third row. I have a rfing radian and a turbobooster on the back row. The avenue won't fit rear or forward in any seat with those two. The tribute fits both rear and forward facing in any seat.

The avenue fits in dh's car with the passenger seat pushed up. I don't mind since I never ride in his car as a passenger anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC