Need seat similar to parkway but narrower

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If you can tell us a little more about your situation, we might be able to help more (car, kids, other seats). The Parkway is actually one of the narrowest/easiest to buckle seats you can buy. The Starriser Comfy/Fisher Price booster is also pretty narrow, but not much easier to buckle next to other seats. (the armrests are a pain...and it's not as side impact protective, if that's what you mean by 'like the parkway').

:)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
According to this site (Broken Link Removed. Website No Longer Exists) the turbo booster is an inch narrower

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
The Graco Turbo booster is narrower but do not have SIP. There is the Britax Bodyguard but it has been discontinued for over a year that is narrower then the Parkway. Do a search on here for the new Britax Monach booster. The base is adjustable in width but not sure how narrow it gets down too.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Technically narrower, yes, but almost impossible to buckle next to other seats, so it might as well be wider, lol.

scatterbunny

Julie did mention the Fisher Price booster (Safe Voyage, a Britax Starriser Comfy clone). It is width-adjustable down to 12 inches (at the base) but it has fixed armrests like the TurboBooster that make it difficult to buckle next to other seats.

The Turbo might measure 16 inches, but it fits like it is much wider. I have a two-seater bench in my van that I used to have a Husky on, I could not fit a TurboBooster next to it and get it buckled, the Parkway fit. It was still tight to buckle, but it worked.

The Fisher Price booster might work because of how narrow it adjusts, but be aware the armrests might cause trouble next to another seat, it doesn't provide the level of side impact protection that the Parkway does, and it does not adjust as tall.

What vehicle, carseats and children (ages and sizes) are you working with? Maybe we can help figure something out?

There's always a RideSafer travel vest or EZOn harness in a pinch.

acolic

Thanks for the info.

I have a Sebring. I posted a prior message about putting in 3 seats in the back.

Right now I have a FF Alpha Omega, a RF Radian and a FF Parkway. It is pretty tight right now in buckling up the Parkway. I'm going to replace the AO with another Radian but because of where the latches are, I don't think that is going to improve things too much.

But if I could find a booster that was as narrow as the Radian then I think things would be easier.

Thanks

Alex

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, then definitely the Fisher Price booster or the Starriser Comfy should be better (I hope! lol). I have a PW next to my Starriser Comfy next to a safeseat1 in the back of my car and they all fit fairly well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC