Questiongs about the board

Midwife@heart

My subscriptions are not updating. I click on User CP and then read all threads that have been replied to. Then I click on User CP and they are all read but if I close my browser and open it again, they appear unread again. I have done this several times and it keeps happening.

Anyone know why?

ADS

HEVY

Mine does the same thing whenever I sign on AOL. But if I use IE it shows what I have already read no matter how many times I open and close it and won't show updated threads unless I click new posts.

Qarin

I'm on a Mac, using Firefox. When I've had the machine running for a long time, with lots of apps running and a lot of tabs open in Firefox, car-seat.org starts doing what you describe- after I quit Firefox and restart it, it usually clears up, though at that point I'm usually reminded that I ought to give the whole computer a reboot to clear the variety of memory leaks that crop up and slow the thing down.

Does it happen for you all the time, or has it just started and usually works right? If it usually works right, try restarting your browser, and/or rebooting your computer.

Qarin

I can't even read. You say you ARE closing and restarting your browser. I have a different answer for this- don't close the browser! Car-seat.org is different than most other boards I've used, in that with this one I've discovered that I can actually change computers and if it's within an hour (the timeout for having been "logged in"), it will pretend that I haven't been there since the same "last time" as the computer I left.

Clear as mud.

Ok, so for example, right now it says "You last visited: Today at 01:53 AM". I can read and poke around, and things update, and everything is great. If I left and didn't do anything on the site for an hour, it would give my last visited as probably something like 10:04 AM (when I first came onto car-seat.org this morning), and "new posts" and "user cp" would show threads only since now (when I stopped loading anything on the site). BUT, if I switch computers and log back in as me, it'll say "You last visited: Today at 01:53 AM", and will show me everything new since 2AM (or so... whenever I loaded soemthing last in that 1:53AM session), just like it did this morning at 10AM on this computer. Same thing if I switch browsers, or if I quite Firefox and restart it.

WHY it does that, I don't know, but it's actually less annoying for me than other boards where if Firefox (or my computer) crashes or something, the board comes up empty (well, no new posts since last visit).

Midwife@heart

I am using IE on my work computer. I have FF on my laptop and it doesn't do that. Most of the forums I am on are vbulletin and don't do this. Weird.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I will look into the cookie settings when I get back next week. One thing to double check is that you aren't sometimes visiting links to "http://www.car-seat.org" and other times "http://car-seat.org". Both are valid links to the site but will have separate cookies.

Midwife@heart

I will look into the cookie settings when I get back next week. One thing to double check is that you aren't sometimes visiting links to "http://www.car-seat.org" and other times "http://car-seat.org". Both are valid links to the site but will have separate cookies.

I will check that out. I usually just start typing car-seat.org and IE will remember so it goes there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC