I got a Safety First Complete Air! (PICS!)

Madeline410

I got a Safety 1st Complete Air! (PICS!) *added more pics in post 44 and 59

OK I HAD to run to BRU to check this seat out. I fell in love instantly! I was about to throw in the towel on RF DS, but this seat did the trick! I took as many pics as I could.. but it was past my kids' bed time so they weren't too thrilled :whistle: Anyway, I've been calling it the Air Protect all along, but the seat is the Safety 1st Complete Air (featuring "Air Protect" technology") so what are we calling it? SFCA?

DS is 3 years, 8 months old. 38" tall and 34 pounds. I don't know his torso height right now but I can check in the morning.

P1010004.jpg

Plenty of leg room and height!! He's only on the 2nd slot from the bottom.

P1010014.jpg

and if he can RF to the top of the head rest.. well then WOW. Even with the head rest down, he has tons of shell above his head.

P1010008.jpg

Awesome SIP!

P1010020.jpg

Seat is about 12" deep - 3 crotch strap slots but the 3rd one out cannot be used while RF. However all 3 slots may be used for FF.

P1010027.jpg

and about 12" of sitting room across

P1010028.jpg

the shell itself is about 17" wide (the widest part of the back of the seat is also about 17" wide)

P1010026.jpg

bottom slot about 10.5" - so not good for newborns

P1010025.jpg

2nd slot

P1010024.jpg

3rd slot

P1010023.jpg

4th slot

P1010021.jpg

5th slot

P1010022.jpg

seat is 27" to the top of the head rest when it's all the way up. The shell itself is 25".

Anything you'd like me to measure?

ETA for reference, here is DS in an EFTA and a MR65.

P1080279.jpg

P1080292.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

lovinwaves

I don't know what to love more, the seat, or the model :love: He's adoooorable!

Thanks for the pictures! Wow, what a huge difference in rear-facing height room from the MR to this.

Madeline410

I don't know what to love more, the seat, or the model :love: He's adoooorable!

Thanks for the pictures! Wow, what a huge difference in rear-facing height room from the MR to this.
LOL thank you :love: He's even cuter when he isn't making his "mom's taking more car seat pics" faces :p

I forgot to mention that my DOM is 7/11/09. My "baby" is only 11 days old hehe!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for the pictures. :) Have you installed it in your vehicle yet? I'm curious what install and adjustment of the harness once installed is like. :thumbsup:

Mommy0608

:eek::love:

Squeeeee!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I'm calling BRU first thing in the morning to see if they got it! I've pre-ordered two of them already.

April

Holy headroom! That is a crazy amount of height! Thanks for the pics. Rep for you. :love:

Madeline410

Thanks for the pictures. :) Have you installed it in your vehicle yet? I'm curious what install and adjustment of the harness once installed is like. :thumbsup:

It got it installed pretty upright, and I could adjust it without a problem :thumbsup: It was pretty easy to install too. The cover wraps way down and under the seat so it's hard to tuck back in if you lift it off to install (I had to) but I think I can manage just lifting the side of the cover up rather than the whole front of it kwim?

BeachMama86

Wow, pretty cool! So, what does the manual say for RFing height? Can you use it RFing all the way to the top slots with the headrest all the way up? (I somehow doubt it, lol, but wouldn't it be cool!)

Is that the only pattern available?

Madeline410

Wow, pretty cool! So, what does the manual say for RFing height? Can you use it RFing all the way to the top slots with the headrest all the way up? (I somehow doubt it, lol, but wouldn't it be cool!)

Is that the only pattern available?

The manual says:
Do not use this child restraint rear-facing if the top of your child's head is above the top of the child restraint's headrest.
I can't find anything that says the top slot can't be used when RF.. let me reread the manual and I'll post again.

BeachMama86

The manual says:

I can't find anything that says the top slot can't be used when RF.. let me reread the manual and I'll post again.

Wow, so would that make this seat taller than the TF RFing?

Hmmmm, I was leery of this seat at first, but it's sounding better and better ... especially cause of the 40 RFing limit. Too bad they couldn't do 65 on the FF tho. That woulda been the motherload it seems.

Thanks for checking on it.

Madeline410

I know, I am so bummed about the 50lb FF limit, but I figure I'll deal with that when the time comes.. and DD can use this to RF to it's limits as well.

I read the entire manual again, and I can't find anything that says you can or cannot use the top slots while RF.. it just says
Rear-Facing Position
Harness slot must be even with or just below the shoulders.

If the harness slot is above the child's shoulders with the headrest in the lowest position, do not use this child restraint.

canadiangie

Wow, so would that make this seat taller than the TF RFing?

Hmmmm, I was leery of this seat at first, but it's sounding better and better ... especially cause of the 40 RFing limit. Too bad they couldn't do 65 on the FF tho. That woulda been the motherload it seems.

Thanks for checking on it.

You don't think these companies have a master plan? They'll test it to 65lbs for next years model. ;)

U

Unregistered

I am wondering if this will fit my tiny 1yo that I ordered it for. He is 19 lbs and probably 29 to 30 inches long. What do you think? I guess seeing a 3 yo only on the 2nd slot makes me wonder.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC