Got my hands on the Recaro G2......

babygirlsmom1005

Not too much has changed with the seat itself, but they did improve a lot of things that most of use that had a Como would complain about....

First - Side by Sides
G2's on the left, Regular Como & Signo on the right
Como's
RecaroComoG21.jpg
RecaroComo.jpg

Signo's
RecaroSignoG2.jpg
RecaroSigno.jpg

The first big differance between the Como and the Como G2 is the head wings, the foam is denser in the G2 and not as thick. The Signo G2 headwings look and feel about the same, but it was easier to adjust the height with the Signo G2, so they improved the crank on it. The actual harness itself is a lot - I guess the wording would be studier and thicker, trying to correct the twisting of the harness.

The harness strap pads also are a major improvement, they do not velcro and a lot smaller in size

RecaroComoG2SholderPads.jpg

For FF install, the belt guide now has a lock on it - which doesn't really help as a lock off due to the actual lap portion of the belt goes down below (shown on my DD's Como installed FF'ing in my suburban with lap - the sholder belt lap portion does the same thing)

RecaroComoG2lockoff.jpg
IMG_4705.jpg

The back cover has a hole in it now to grab to pull it off, no more butter knife

RecaroComoG2BackPlateCover.jpg

For the Como G2 (it's hard to see in the pics) but there is a velcro strap for the head wings that attaches through the harness slots to keep the headwings from falling down when not in use

RecaroComoStrap.jpg
RecaroStrap2.jpg

And finally - my boy nice and mad about being in a pink seat - LOL (he's 14 lbs, 9 oz - 23 inches long - don't know his torso height, but the straps are still right above his sholders and I'm sure with it installed, it would be nice and above them).

RecaroComoG2.jpg

I didn't install it because, well the actual frame and base has not changed any....so it would istall the exact same way as a Como or Signo would install (which in my 92 Suburban for RF & FF, super easy with belt), oh and well, you saw the screaming baby, right?

Last edited:
ADS

babygirlsmom1005

How does the headrest adjust on the original signo? Also, do you know if the harness heights are them same?

The shells didn't change, so the harness heights would be the same (though I didn't get out my measuring tape, the lady at the store said she already had done all of that and it stayed the same). The signo had a crank, the new G2 has a crank, but IMO it's easier to crank and doesn't take as long to adjust.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC