Taxi ride to Kindergarten, update....

britfish

I have an update on my taxi dilema (taking DD5 to K in a 15 pass. van). I finally spoke directly w/ the owner of the taxi company and she was very nice and said that they would accomodate me as best they could. She said they do not want to have to have the driver *installing* a seat everyday but they would be more than happy to use a booster. She said they would just store the booster and place it on the seat for DD to use. She also said that she did not know that it would be the 15 pass. van for transport, it may be a mini van since the numbers aren't very high yet for kids.

So, for my little peanut what type of booster would be the safest? I will spend whatever I have to for the safest I can get. I know putting her in a booster isn't ideal, but I can't find anyone else to drive her.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
For her size, Vivo or Turbo. Actually, I'd go with the Vivo -- the back tends to come off the Turbo pretty easily, and that could be annoying if it's being moved in and out of the van twice a day.

I would get a vivo or the graco turbooster(they fit tiny kids well too). They are on clerance at targets. Get a high back. ;-)
Make sure they know how to adjust the seatbelt guide and also that it is for lap and shoulder belt only. Teach your little one to do it the right way too. Seatbelt under the arm rests for the turbooster too(also when putting it together make sure to put in the screws to the arm rests).

andre149

I would be afraid that in moving it the back might get popped off a TB... would they take the time to put it back on?

Personally, I'd go with the Vivo just to make sure she stayed in a hb booster and there weren't any issues. Albeebaby has them on sale great right now but I'm not sure about DOM.

myliljunebugs

The new Britax has a minimum of 40 lbs, plus the extra step of clipping the safe guard onto the seatbelt might be asking a bit much of them. JMO

britfish

good info. on the Britax, yes, she said they did not want to have to install anything.
The Vivo looks nice and pretty simple to use. Thanks so much for the suggestions any recommendations on the Lite or regular?

Last edited:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The only difference between the Vivo and Vivo Lite is cover fabric, so pick whichever your daughter and your dollars prefer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC