Backless Booster with no seat belt adjuster

tjham

I am in the market for a couple of backless boosters and seem to remember that the Cosco High Rise/Ambassador does NOT need one of those straps that pull the seat belt into postion. Is that correct?

It's really hard to tell which ones do and don't because the pictures on the box often don't show it even when it IS required.

ADS

Qarin

Huh. Do any boosters actually require them? I know the Turbobooster comes with one, but I don't believe it's required.

myliljunebugs

Not to my knowledge (although I am not super knowledgable :p). They come with some backless boosters, but I haven't ever seen one require the use of it.

tjham

I just looked at my TurboBooster manual. It says if the belt does not fit right (in the RED zone), the belt adjusting strap MUST be used. So it doesn't automatically have to be used, but does if it doesn't fit correctly.

I wanted to know if the Cosco High Rise even comes with a strap. I want a seat that is more likely to fit without a strap because the person I am dealing with will most likely not use it, even if it is required. :rolleyes: She says the LAW and the internet says the child only needs a seatbelt.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
My High Rises came with extra straps. But IMO, unless you're on a trip and using it briefly, any child who needs the strap needs a back.

I don't think it's required, but I've never used it, nor read the manual on that part. Bad me.

Wendy

Maedze

My High Rises came with extra straps. But IMO, unless you're on a trip and using it briefly, any child who needs the strap needs a back.

I don't think it's required, but I've never used it, nor read the manual on that part. Bad me.

Wendy

:yeahthat: The HighRise does not come with an adjuster. Hopefully any child using a backless booster will be old enough not to need it anyway.

Of course, most bb are marketed for kids three or four and up, and they would definitely need that adjuster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC