Can I booster train Ava?

kidzndogz

I know technically I can. Just makes me feel weird. But her grandma refuses to buy a harnessed seat when she takes her occasionally for outings so I feel like I should start.

I've got a Vivo. She fits in it fine. She's perfect in the car, just sits still and talks and looks out the window. She isn't squirmy at all.

She'll be 5 next month. She's very tall (not sure how tall) and is 42-43lbs.

Sigh.

So should I put it in the center? I've got that damn seatbelt in the middle that comes out of the ceiling and connects to an adapter. The Vivo manual says I can use it. Outboard would be easier for me....but I guess I'd feel better with her in the middle. Dean will be outboard RFing in an XT.

So good idea? Or should I just keep her in the Como for awhile and do it later? She's in a Frontier full time in her mom's van.

ADS

Mama Jo

I think I'd start letting her practice with you on short trips. Since you know you'll watch her carefully and let her know if she's not sitting properly. Chances are, grandma won't do that. I think teaching her to sit safely in a booster so she does so with grandma is definitely preferable to allowing her to use the booster with grandma "untrained". You don't have to keep her in it full time, just practice for awhile and once you're sure she's ok, then just do an occasional "refresher course".

kidzndogz

That's what I'm thinking because lately we've only been going the mile from daycare to her house. So it's a good 5-10 minute practice run.

It would be so much better if her grandma would just buy a damned GN. She had her in a backless :eek::eek: but i told Ava's mom and she told grandma she needed at least a booster with a back.

Mama Jo

I can't imagine not knowing what carseat my mom had in her vehicle for my child. I still occasionally double check with my mom to make sure she hasn't forgotten how to buckle the Vivo. There's no way she'd use a seat I hadn't approved and taught her how to use properly.

So... um... if I move to Phoenix, will you nanny my kids? :whistle: :p

Mama Jo

But of course! The more excuses I have to have difference car seats, the better. :p

lol I was actually looking at houses down there last summer when I was about 15 months pregnant. If I ever have enough time to put into my business to get it to really take off, I definitely want to move. I hate snow.

Anyway... back on topic lol... I've noticed with the Vivo, it can be kinda tricky to buckle when it's next to another seat because of the way the sides angle up from the seat. If it's easy enough to buckle in the middle, then I'd put her there. But if it's a huge pain, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The Vivo has really deep headwings and seems like it would offer really good SIP.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC