Baby Jogger Double or Valco Trimode?

widgetwick

I'm trying to decide between these two doubles and would love some help. I like the higher seat backs w/the valco and that it can accomodate 3. The price tag on the mini is appealing however don't like losing the 5 1/2 inches seat back height and concerned about the "slumping" issue. How does the Valco fold - cus I :love: the easy breezy fold on the mini. Can you attach an infant seat (Snugride 32) to the Valco? Is the Valco worth the extra $250? They both fit thru regular doorways, right?

We will be using the heck out of this stroller and want one with extra durability! :)

Thanks,
Stephanie

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have the Valco, and I love it. Yes, you can attach infant seats...I think they have specific bars for certain seats...so you'll want to check on that. You can't use an infant seat though, when you have the toddler seat in place. It folds pretty easy...it's a 3 step process. It does fold big, it's probably it's only drawback. But I have a 'burb, so it's not an issue for me. We use it off road quit frequently, as we live in the country and it's held up beautifully. The only thing I wish was different...I wish it had the floating harness like the Pegs have...my boys don't like being strapped back against the seat.

autumnlily

I have both :eek:

And, I use them for two different purposes.

The BJCMD stays in our van for everyday use... malls, stores, outside quick trips, Dr appts and such. It's also been to the zoo a few times.

I keep the valco in the garage for trips to the park, zoo, and beach. And, soon to hold three children 17 months old and younger. I also have the hitch hicker for my 3.5 year old. The valco is longer and I'm only 5ft 2" and it is just fine for me but I do notice the difference when I'm in the store - I prefer the BJCMD... it just has a smaller profile for that purpose.

The fold on the BJCMD is the best and why I keep that stroller with me at all times. The valco can take on grass and sand like it's no one's business and is narrow enough for doorways. I have short kids and will never need the higher seat back option of the valco, so it's not a factor for me - but I see how it is super important for other families. I love the option to sit on the valco footboard myself :)

If your trips involve more grass, rocks, hills or sand - then spring for the valco. I don't think you would be disappointed in using it for every day use either. But, if you are needing a stroller that can take on more "inside" use with the normal outside (sidewalk, zoo) outings and quick fold/unfold - than go for the BJ.

I hope that helps :rolleyes:

widgetwick

I have the Valco, and I love it. Yes, you can attach infant seats...I think they have specific bars for certain seats...so you'll want to check on that. You can't use an infant seat though, when you have the toddler seat in place. It folds pretty easy...it's a 3 step process. It does fold big, it's probably it's only drawback. But I have a 'burb, so it's not an issue for me. We use it off road quit frequently, as we live in the country and it's held up beautifully. The only thing I wish was different...I wish it had the floating harness like the Pegs have...my boys don't like being strapped back against the seat.

I haven't seen the Pegs harness - can you describe the Valcos? Also, how big does the Valco fold? Can you describe it - do you have to take the wheels off? The fold was the one thing I was concerned about - can't tell how it goes from their website and I have no stores around that carry it. Are you able to handle the weight okay? Thanks so much for responding - appreciate it! :)

autumnlily

my camera is on the fritz, otherwise I'd take some photo's/video...

I think there is a youtube video of a tri-mode being folded (it is a single - but it works the same way)

I do remove the wheels if I need to make more room for storing other items in the back of my minivan with the stroller. But, it does fit with the wheels on to.

You could always post a craigslist want ad - asking to check out a valco in person before you make the purchase. Or, purchase from a website with free return shipping/stocking....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC