Back from the Britax Sale

Lys

Senior Community Member
Whew! What a day! It was SOOOOOOOooooooo Cold!!!! 20 degrees in CHarlotte. That's REALLY cold for this Southern girl!
I had to stop at the gas station before leaving to put air in my tires because my "low tire pressure" light was on. I'm sure it was because of the cold.
So, I drive up there- takes about an hour, pull into the parking lot of Britax and there is already a HUGE line! I found out later some people had been waiting since 5am!:eek:
I go get in line and call Amy (ajweeks-another board member) who is meeting me there.
Britax had all the seats and strollers for sale lined up along a wall, where you could go by and look at each one. They also gave out "order forms" for you to fill out while waiting in line to purchase your items. The majority of stuff was collegiate items.
We must have waited for an hour to just purchase our items, THEN you had to drive around to the back of the warehouse to pick up your items.
This is where the fun stuff starting happening. Just like Black Friday, there was a scuffel inside the warehouse when I went in to get my seat ( a Carolina Gamecocks PW) I got for Ian.
There was a lady who was literally yelling at this man ( I later found out her was the VP of Britax)because they had over sold the DC she wanted and it wasn't available when she got to the warehouse to pick it up. She was yelling things like- "You lied to us ( her 2 other friends) about the availability of the seats and you should just go back in the warehouse and give me another DC in a current print!" And " I have 2 kids I had to get someone to take care of for me to be here and I have a Christmas party to be at @10am" "Look me in the eye and tell me as a father that you can live with your self for lieing" and "I'm going to start a website that is called " Britax Lied" and I will pay for the server for anyone who wants to join":eek:
:mad:
I couldn't take it anymore. So, I asked her politely if she was from Charlotte and she said yes. So I said " Well, I drove all the way from Fayetteville to be here and maybe if you weren't so nasty to the man helping you he would have substituted anothe seat for you!" Then she says" You could have saved the gas it costs to get here and bought your seat retail!" Then I told her I was there not only for myself but for others who could not make it to the sale. And to just quit being nasty because it was just a seat!"
While I was waiting for the warehouse workers to get my PW, I had 2 people come up to me and say Thanks for saying something to her! They wanted to but didn't know what to say!
So, I got my PW and Amy and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and to warm up.
This was a 1st for Britax so there were a few kinks to work out. I think if Britax does this again next year it will be more organized.

ADS

Simplysomething

Ha, good for you for telling off the pooh head!

IF they do it next year. If not, it'll be because of HER stupidity. Gah. It's folks like her that ruin it for everyone.

Were most people civil?

AND what does the warehouse look like? lol

Lys

Senior Community Member
Yes, everyone else was really great considering the long wait in line and the cold.
Lokks like a warehouse! lol nothing exceptional

ajweeks

Yeah, I hope they do it again next year. Who knows, maybe I'll be in the market for something new next year. Most people were very nice and it was a great deal if you got the seat you wanted before they were sold out. I only got a Tar Heels MA cover, which my husband was happy about. I was going to get the DC that the nasty woman was screaming about, but it was long sold out by the time I got to the front of the line. I didn't really *need* another seat so I resisted the temptation. Despite the cold, Lysandra and I had a nice visit.

ajweeks

Oh, and prices--yes it was worth it. MAs and DCs for $140, RAs for $100, PWs for $55. MA covers for $35 and RA covers I think were $25 (all collegate).

Like I said, I was tempted to get the DC, but it was sold out fast. I also think that when my daughter outgrows the RA, I'll problably get her something like the Radian since we travel a lot.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I totally envy you. I would have loved to go to that. We're in PA so that would have not worked out for us. Did they have Couture Marathon seats? How much were they?

Lys

Senior Community Member
Nope, Nothing but Collegiate seats with the exception of the Hampton DC, Cambridge Companion, FP Sport Conv.

Lys

Senior Community Member
I also wanted to add -I had an idea on how Britax could handle the overselling problem that seemed pretty prevelant on Saturday.
I noticed that the 2 people taking payments were using 1 inventory sheet. At times, they both looked confused as to what quantities had been sold.
My suggestion is to make a master list of the seats that are available for sale that day on file folder stickers. Each seat will have a sticker for how many are available for sale that day. For example, if there are 5 Marathons in Florida Gators covers, there would be 5 labels to correspond to each seat. Then whenever someone purchases that seat, the person taking payment would take the sticker and put it on the customer's order sheet. Then the pick up personnel in the warehouse would know what seat was purchased. Then when the next customer came to the table to pay, you would be able to tell exactly how many seats were left in that pattern. :)
I did like the way the seats were set up to look at and then you got in line to purchase them. I think that was the most fair way. As for the CC/cash lines, that's a hard one. Maybe next year make it cash only. I know alot of Final sale merchants will only accept cash payments. If I had known in advance that paying by cash would have been faster, I would have stopped by the ATM before the sale.
I hope they see this because I'd LOVE to come to the sale next year.
Just maybe make it in November instead. It may be warmer!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC