If anyone wants to read it . . . birth story

ADS

honeybee03

Wow! great job mama!:D
I have to admit, I usually refrain from reading birthstories on in places other than mothering, because they almost always go like this:
"had" to be induced
after 3 contractions, receives the epidural
epidural slows labor, so more pitocin given
pitocen causes drop in heart rate, requiring emergency c-section or a huge episiotomy and forceps delivery.
Baby is put in nursery for 3 days bc of breathing difficulties from the c-section and never gets to nurse so the mom's milk dries up.

BUT for some reason I decided to read yours and LOVED it! Thank you so much for sharing that and brightening my day! :p
Oh, and btw, you ROCK for tandem nursing those chillins!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Wow! great job mama!:D
I have to admit, I usually refrain from reading birthstories on in places other than mothering, because they almost always go like this:
"had" to be induced
after 3 contractions, receives the epidural
epidural slows labor, so more pitocin given
pitocen causes drop in heart rate, requiring emergency c-section or a huge episiotomy and forceps delivery.
Baby is put in nursery for 3 days bc of breathing difficulties from the c-section and never gets to nurse so the mom's milk dries up.

BUT for some reason I decided to read yours and LOVED it! Thank you so much for sharing that and brightening my day! :p
Oh, and btw, you ROCK for tandem nursing those chillins!

I think her story is great as well, but some of us (me included) HAD to be induced (high blood pressure). My water broke on its own but my body wouldn't stay in labor so I was on pitocin for 15 hrs before the epideral. I pushed for over 2 hours and ended up in a c-section because baby wouldn't fit. My total hospital labor was 56 hrs long, and I nursed ds exclusively for 14 months! Not all "HAD" secernios are the same and some actually are for a reason!

honeybee03

I think her story is great as well, but some of us (me included) HAD to be induced (high blood pressure). My water broke on its own but my body wouldn't stay in labor so I was on pitocin for 15 hrs before the epideral. I pushed for over 2 hours and ended up in a c-section because baby wouldn't fit. My total hospital labor was 56 hrs long, and I nursed ds exclusively for 14 months! Not all "HAD" secernios are the same and some actually are for a reason!

ummm, I didn't mean to offend at all. I didn't say anything bad about the mothers who have had those types of births, it certainly isn't thier fault. It just makes me sad to read them. :(
It was refreshing to me to read a beautiful birth story like this one, because whether they are necessary or not, the VAST MAJORITY of the birth stories I read are like the one I mentioned.
And congrats to you for beating the odds and being successful at BFing :)

vamom

What a wonderful story. I had hoped for a homebirth but my husband was extremely opposed.

I had a friend just give birth and unfortunately her birth story sounds like the formula that the other poster mentioned.

She had tried for ten years to concieve, and had several losses, so she was super worried about her little one. Her water broke so she went to the hospital, where they immediately started pitocin (no contractions yet). She had an epideral at the same time (only a few cms). Baby never dropped, so after twenty some hours she had an emergency c section. Within hours of the birth the lactation deptartment started bottle feeding the baby sugar water because he was "hungry" and had mom pumping to bring her milk in faster. After 3-4 days of bottles and pacifiers she came home to try breastfeeding
Needless to say, a week later, baby prefers bottle, mom is worried that she doesn't have enough milk and is only pumping. She is trying, but she is just so worried. The lactation deptartment simply told her that bottle feeding wasn't so horrible ... I agree that it is not horrific if she can't make breastfeeding work - but she wasn't even given a fighting chance

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Aw, yay!!! Thanks Lea for bumping this :D Your timing is impeccable, too ;)
Sooooo happy for you all & I have such admiration for homebirth families :)
(I'm too chicken, LOL)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC