evenflo seat expiration??

KaceyLynn

I have an evenflo titan that has a manufacture date of 2-2004

this should put the expiration at 12-2010 since everything I have read says that evenflo seats are good the december of the 6th year right?

but it is molded onto the seat - Do not use seat after december 31 -- 2009

I am confused!

ADS

Maedze

No, you're thinking of Graco, not Evenflo.

There are sometimes quirks in Evenflo do-not-use stamps. However, evenflo seats are good for 6 years from DATE OF MANUFACTURE. Which means February 2010 for you.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
This is definitely a common, common issue with Evenflo, they *constantly* get their dates wrong and people sometimes get as little as 4.5 years out of their seats :(. NannyMom had this issue with her Titan and they just told her to go ahead and use it till december of the sixth year even though the stamp was wrong. You should call, but that's probably what you'll tell you, too :/.

NannyMom

This is definitely a common, common issue with Evenflo, they *constantly* get their dates wrong and people sometimes get as little as 4.5 years out of their seats :(. NannyMom had this issue with her Titan and they just told her to go ahead and use it till december of the sixth year even though the stamp was wrong. You should call, but that's probably what you'll tell you, too :/.

Actually I had problems with a Cargo. I think my Titans are all fine (unless I just forgot).

But yesterday I saw 2 Evenflo Tributes both said "do not use after Dec 2010". One was a 2004 DOM and one was a 2005.

Gena

I had this problem with my Evenflo Triumph V. It had a DOM of 12Feb04 and was stamped "Do not use this product after December 31, 2007." I emailed Evenflo and received a reply that the seat was good for 6 years and could be used until 12/31/2010.

Here's a link to my thread: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=37020

christineka

The seats I've had go by the December closest to the 6th year. My Tribute dom 19 Jan 06 expires in December 2011. I had titans man Sept 2005 with the same expiration.

NannyMom

LOL, sorry Nannymom, remembered wrong. But it's still a super annoyingly common Evenflo issue :(

That's ok. It could have been possible that I'd forgotten, lol. Though, not sure I've ever checked my Titan expirations because they're so new.

But yes, it is very common. I think the Dec closest to the DOM is accurate because they don't want you using the seat 7 years (Jan DOM good until Dec of 6th year would give almost 7yrs).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC