Pics here too!

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
I took some pics of my dd in our new Scenera a couple days ago. I was worried she wouldn't like the seat after spending her first 2 years in a well padded Britax, but she hasn't complained at all and says it's "humfy" (that means comfy!). She'll only be using it until she hits 35 pounds and then she'll go back to her Roundabout FF.

She really does love her seat, she's just not a super smiley kid, lol!

DSC03590-2.jpg

DSC03591.jpg

ADS

RubysGirl

Cute. How much less space does thta take up than a marathon? My MA doesn't fit in my mother's truck very well. I can get it rearfacing, but then I'm eating the dash. It doesn't fit forwardfacing at all because of the tether set up. I'm thinking about getting one of those as a back up.

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
I'm not sure how much more or less room it takes than a Marathon b/c we used a Roundabout....but I need to take out and re-install my ds' Marathon later today and I'll put it in RF and see what the difference is for you!

lovinwaves

She is absolutely BEEE U TFUL!! Do you seem to notice that the distance between the two straps is narrower on the Scenera than on the Marathon? It looks like in the photo. Has she ever complained about the strap digging into her neck?

RubysGirl

You don't really have to go through all that trouble, but if you do, thanks!

My walmart doesn't have them instock at the momment, but I'm thinking of buying one before xmas to take down to my mom's so she has it.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
ok i feel like the crotch strap on our scerena is short, it's on the farthest out setting but then i go to buckle it i have to straigten allies legs all the way to get it to snap in right, your looks like it rides higher up then our seems to, that would make it easier to buckle??? what setting the crotch set on??? does you dd still wear a diaper maybe that's it?? My dd does... in the car anyways, at home she runs free! LOL but once i put pants on her she pees in them, if she has nothing on then she will pee in the potty! lol

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
Yes, I think the straps are more narrow at the neck...she gets red marks sometimes (and makes me remember why I used those darn after market shoulder pads before I knew better!!). But she hasn't complained. I just try to get her shirt in between the harness and her neck.

Becca..the crotch strap is on the farthest out setting too, but it doesn't help that the LATCH belt kind of pushes up on it. But it says to put the belt in front of the crotch strap, so I do! LOL at your dd...my dd did the same thing when she was first potty training! She's trained now, so there's no diaper in the way. That helps! My friend bought a Scenera recently and took it back because the crotch strap was too short with her ds in diapers. I always loosen the harness straps every time I get her out of the seat...that helps a TON with getting her back in. Then I don't have to struggle to get it to buckle. The harness is a pain to tighten, but I found a trick (only works with RF...)...Reach to the behind and pull both sides of the harness tight with your hand and pull the harness adjuster with your other hand. It works so much better!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC