New Safeguard STAR (Special needs)

Jmark

I saw on immi/safeguard's site the new star special needs. Does anybody have any additional information or pictures of it? They didn't have too much info at all.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
No pics. It is very close to the go, but the weight limit is different and it has the extra support for the trunk.

How old is the child and what needs do they have?

momtoirs

Someone on here has pictures of the regular STAR seat.

I've used the regular STAR and STAR Plus for some of our Early Childhood Special Education students. We've also used White seats with built in restraints and BESI vests.

The STAR is my favorite of the three systems we are using in our district. I HATE the White built-ins and find the BESI's a bit more time consuming to use. They are easy (and quick) to use and adjust easily for different sized children. The kids like that they can see better out the windows (big reason for little kids not staying seated).

The regular STAR/STAR Plus works for a large variety of kids with differing needs. It might not work for some kids with a lot of motor involvement, but for should work well for most kids, IMO.

Tina

Jmark

No pics. It is very close to the go, but the weight limit is different and it has the extra support for the trunk.

How old is the child and what needs do they have?

I'm actually doing some research for a transportation company who decided to contract me for something completely different!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC