Where can I...

LuvBug

sell DS's cloth diapers? He has been potty trained for almost a year and I guess it is time to give them a better home. I checked ebay and it seems to only be all in ones and pockets. I didnt find any of the brands that I recognized outside of the mass produced. What is popular now a days? I am so out of the loop! Where do you go to buy/sell used diapers?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I got most of Piper's on ebay. They were just DSQ prefolds and a few wraps.

I sold most of mine to a friend who had twin boys and wanted to CD.

Wendy

LuvBug

I was hoping to pass it down to my neice and even went through the trouble of helping my sister get together enough diapers, then she barely used them. She is expecting again and I hinted but she wasnt interested. So I actually have 2 sets of diapers that I need to move out.
Im keeping my prefolds though, those things last forever and have many uses. Its possible I may have another child, but the elastic and snaps on these wouldnt wait around that long lol!

lovinwaves

I always see people selling their clothe diapers on my local Craigslist. I would check that out. It is a free listing, and you don't have to ship because you are dealing with local people. :)

LuvBug

I might try that. Ive never used craiglist, I doubt I will get much interest. My town is pretty far away from the nearest city option.

Morganthe

You could always list on ebay even though no one else is selling your type. In fact, there could be someone looking for those right now and you wouldn't know it. All it takes is 1 buyer for a decent sale. ;) Personally, I love it when I sell something no one else has. So far, those have reaped the best income. :D

Wierd, a friend and I were discussing ebay last week. She mentioned diapers too. She had purchased a complete set for around $140 when her eldest was born. Ended up selling them on ebay around $110 a while back. She was so thrilled that diapering her child cost so little. I'm a bit envious, but with dd's constant bowel difficulties, there's no way we'd be able to cope with non-disposables. (sigh) Thankfully, it seem to be easing a little and she's getting the courage to do #2 occasionally on the potty.

good luck

LuvBug

I guess I should make a list lol! Off the top of my head I know I have m-m/l fitted diapers and wool and then some sm-md AIOs, AI2s, and random fitted diapers.
We rearranged the room last night and so my baskets were in the way and I decided I might as well sell them. So I havent really even gone through them yet to figure out exactly what I have.

lovinwaves

I might try that. Ive never used craiglist, I doubt I will get much interest. My town is pretty far away from the nearest city option.

I have actually mailed a couple of things or received a couple of things through Craigslist from people who live an hour or so away from Kansas City. I actually just got my pair of Robeez that way. The lady lived about 40 minutes from me so I asked her if she would just mail them to me and she did. It only cost $1.32 to mail. You still won't have any fees, or waiting periods, or auctions to deal with. It is always worth a shot. ;)

Another thing you might try to do is go to Ebays "Want It Now" section. That is where people post things that they are wanting to buy. I went on there and saw a lady wanting a Nautica Comforter, so I emailed her and sold it to her. I actually bypassed the whole ebay auctioning thing that way, and we did the transactions on our own through PayPal.

GOod luck! :)

Dillipop

Try the FSOT lists on diaperswappers.com and diaperpin.com I got a lot of my fitteds and wool from there.

You will need to register and in your post let them know you are new to the forum. If you have feedback anywhere, it would be good to add it to the listing.

Also, you could always post it here for us to look over before going other routes!

LuvBug

I have actually mailed a couple of things or received a couple of things through Craigslist from people who live an hour or so away from Kansas City. I actually just got my pair of Robeez that way. The lady lived about 40 minutes from me so I asked her if she would just mail them to me and she did. It only cost $1.32 to mail. You still won't have any fees, or waiting periods, or auctions to deal with. It is always worth a shot. ;)

Another thing you might try to do is go to Ebays "Want It Now" section. That is where people post things that they are wanting to buy. I went on there and saw a lady wanting a Nautica Comforter, so I emailed her and sold it to her. I actually bypassed the whole ebay auctioning thing that way, and we did the transactions on our own through PayPal.

GOod luck! :)

oh ok so you can mail things? My freecycle didnt allow you to mail things so I figured it was about the same lol!
Ill check out that ebay thing, I hadnt ever noticed it and ebay is my homepage lol!

LuvBug

Try the FSOT lists on diaperswappers.com and diaperpin.com I got a lot of my fitteds and wool from there.

You will need to register and in your post let them know you are new to the forum. If you have feedback anywhere, it would be good to add it to the listing.

Also, you could always post it here for us to look over before going other routes!

thanks I think I might have luck there at diaperpin I see a few names of the items I have so I guess they arent that forgotten lol!

Ill take photos and make some descriptions over the weekend, and post them here first.

Shaunam

I've sold diapers on mothering.com's trading post and on ebay with great luck. And most of it wasn't name brand either. You could try diaperswappers, babycenter's diapering board has a weekly swap on thursday I think, diaperpin, pregnancyweekly has a friday swap. If most of your stuff is wahm made, your best bet is mothering and diaperpin, probably.

If you sell it on ebay, it's usually best to break the diapers up into groups with just one or two brands. People pass up auctions if they are only looking for a specific brand/style and the auction is like one of what they are looking for and 9 of what they aren't looking for.

LuvBug

thanks those are good tips. If I list anything on ebay I will be sure it is brand and size specific so people wont have that problem.
I remember there were a pair of PJs I HAD to have for DS and it was in a lot of about 7 other sleepers. I got a good deal for the lot, but only wanted the one pair lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC