Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Want to become a tech? Woodinville WA or CDA, ID

There are lots of openings in these 2 classes and they only charge the $60 Safekids fee. Please consider signing up.
    Woodinville, WA (8/4-8/6):
    https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbzap...oursePK=553638

Courdalene, ID (9/9-9/12):
    https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbzap...oursePK=553573

I am an instructor candidate and need one or the other of these classes to fill up so that they are not cancelled and I can complete my candidacy.
    Thanks! Renee
    Renee
    CPST-I and Special Needs Trained
    Mom to 22yo seatbelt, 17yo seatbelt, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Want to become a tech? Woodinville WA or CDA, ID

Wow, Woodinville is almost close enough for me to commute to daily. If I had childcare, I might seriously consider it as a birthday present to me (the last day is my birthday). But, unfortunately, I don't think it'll be possible.
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

I wanted to take the woodinville one but i'm on vacation the next week and can't take two weeks off in a row... let alone shut down my daycare for two weeks.

Hopefully they'll come up with another class somewhere on the eastside.

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

CPS Fanatic

I so would do the woodinville one if I didn't have a newborn! Last time I got my seats checked the tech was trying to talk me into getting my cert!
    Mommy to two wild little boys and a little princess!
    DS1 (01/05, 46 1/2", 44 lbs), Boring Gray Turbobooster / Harmony Literider
    DS2 (07/07, 39 1/2", 40lbs), Harvest Complete Air / Booster Training in a Maui Blue PWSG / RSTV
    DD (07/09, 33", 23lbs), rfing Flair MyRide / rfing Scenera

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
    I so would do the woodinville one if I didn't have a newborn! Last time I got my seats checked the tech was trying to talk me into getting my cert!
    I took the class with a four month old in arms. Kind of freaked some of the LEO's out at first, but even the most uptight state trooper was goo gooing over the baby by the last day of class.

lol I do daycare if you needed some help

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by stegmanc View Post
    Oooh. I wish I could afford it. If only being a tech was, you know, lucrative, we'd find the money to get childcare and pay for the class. Alas, it's a bit too much hobbyish, and in a sense getting less and less relevant to us- I think I may have bought my last harnessed car seat.
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by stegmanc View Post
    And I have a 16 yo that would most likely be happy to provide child care on site.

CPS Fanatic

LOL! It's not just the class (which is tempting b/c dh will still be on parental leave all but the last day), but the volunteering to do checks and such I wouldn't be able to do for a while since I breastfeed exclusively and won't be able to leave her for long for close to a year. I also have 2 older boys that complicate the issue. But in a couple of years I'd love to do it.
    DS2 (07/07, 39 1/2", 40lbs), Harvest Complete Air / Booster Training in a Maui Blue PWSG / RSTV

Senior Community Member

well, just keep in mind there's lots of ways to accomplish it. I volunteer when I can, you know? When I had a nursling, dh would be nearby, and I would take breaks as need be. I would basically say "I can be there, but if my baby needs me, I'll have to take care of him/her". Sometimes I can do more, sometimes I can do less.

Do what you can, when you can. If for you that means putting it off for a year or two, then do so. I want to encourage you though to not be afraid to think outside the box in order to make it happen sooner instead of later.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sixmaybemore View Post
    well, just keep in mind there's lots of ways to accomplish it. I volunteer when I can, you know? When I had a nursling, dh would be nearby, and I would take breaks as need be. I would basically say "I can be there, but if my baby needs me, I'll have to take care of him/her". Sometimes I can do more, sometimes I can do less.

Do what you can, when you can. If for you that means putting it off for a year or two, then do so. I want to encourage you though to not be afraid to think outside the box in order to make it happen sooner instead of later.
    I appreciate it. Having three under 5 complicates things! But hopefully there will be another class offered in this area in a year or 2.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

LOL! It's not just the class (which is tempting b/c dh will still be on parental leave all but the last day), but the volunteering to do checks and such I wouldn't be able to do for a while since I breastfeed exclusively and won't be able to leave her for long for close to a year. I also have 2 older boys that complicate the issue. But in a couple of years I'd love to do it.
    Not that it will change a whole lot of things, but around here you can make back the class cost. Some checks pay us. I've made enough over three or four checks to cover my gas and then the speeding ticket I got on my way to Friday's check (oops), and the parking ticket I got the week before. LOL So I mean, it's a few hundred a year. Not a lot, but it'll cover the $60.

However, I completely get where you're coming from, as I think I'm done with organized checks for a while, unless Tanya and her childcare brigade is nearby, since I'll also be nursing a newborn come the fall. LOL

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785