Want to become a tech? Woodinville WA or CDA, ID

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
There are lots of openings in these 2 classes and they only charge the $60 Safekids fee. Please consider signing up.
Woodinville, WA (8/4-8/6):
https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbza...tSQL&pCourseID=WA20090623605&pCoursePK=553638

Courdalene, ID (9/9-9/12):
https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbza...tSQL&pCourseID=ID20090527540&pCoursePK=553573

I am an instructor candidate and need one or the other of these classes to fill up so that they are not cancelled and I can complete my candidacy.
Thanks! Renee

ADS

Qarin

Wow, Woodinville is almost close enough for me to commute to daily. If I had childcare, I might seriously consider it as a birthday present to me (the last day is my birthday). But, unfortunately, I don't think it'll be possible.

Cryssy Jane

I wanted to take the woodinville one but i'm on vacation the next week and can't take two weeks off in a row... let alone shut down my daycare for two weeks.

Hopefully they'll come up with another class somewhere on the eastside.

DahliaRW

I so would do the woodinville one if I didn't have a newborn! Last time I got my seats checked the tech was trying to talk me into getting my cert!

sixmaybemore

I so would do the woodinville one if I didn't have a newborn! Last time I got my seats checked the tech was trying to talk me into getting my cert!

I took the class with a four month old in arms. Kind of freaked some of the LEO's out at first, but even the most uptight state trooper was goo gooing over the baby by the last day of class.

Qarin

lol I do daycare if you needed some help :whistle:

Oooh. I wish I could afford it. If only being a tech was, you know, lucrative, we'd find the money to get childcare and pay for the class. Alas, it's a bit too much hobbyish, and in a sense getting less and less relevant to us- I think I may have bought my last harnessed car seat. :eek:

DahliaRW

LOL! It's not just the class (which is tempting b/c dh will still be on parental leave all but the last day), but the volunteering to do checks and such I wouldn't be able to do for a while since I breastfeed exclusively and won't be able to leave her for long for close to a year. I also have 2 older boys that complicate the issue. But in a couple of years I'd love to do it.

sixmaybemore

well, just keep in mind there's lots of ways to accomplish it. I volunteer when I can, you know? When I had a nursling, dh would be nearby, and I would take breaks as need be. I would basically say "I can be there, but if my baby needs me, I'll have to take care of him/her". Sometimes I can do more, sometimes I can do less.

Do what you can, when you can. If for you that means putting it off for a year or two, then do so. I want to encourage you though to not be afraid to think outside the box in order to make it happen sooner instead of later. :)

DahliaRW

well, just keep in mind there's lots of ways to accomplish it. I volunteer when I can, you know? When I had a nursling, dh would be nearby, and I would take breaks as need be. I would basically say "I can be there, but if my baby needs me, I'll have to take care of him/her". Sometimes I can do more, sometimes I can do less.

Do what you can, when you can. If for you that means putting it off for a year or two, then do so. I want to encourage you though to not be afraid to think outside the box in order to make it happen sooner instead of later. :)

I appreciate it. Having three under 5 complicates things! But hopefully there will be another class offered in this area in a year or 2.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
LOL! It's not just the class (which is tempting b/c dh will still be on parental leave all but the last day), but the volunteering to do checks and such I wouldn't be able to do for a while since I breastfeed exclusively and won't be able to leave her for long for close to a year. I also have 2 older boys that complicate the issue. But in a couple of years I'd love to do it.

Not that it will change a whole lot of things, but around here you can make back the class cost. Some checks pay us. I've made enough over three or four checks to cover my gas and then the speeding ticket I got on my way to Friday's check (oops), and the parking ticket I got the week before. LOL So I mean, it's a few hundred a year. Not a lot, but it'll cover the $60.

However, I completely get where you're coming from, as I think I'm done with organized checks for a while, unless Tanya and her childcare brigade is nearby, since I'll also be nursing a newborn come the fall. LOL

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC