Another how many question.....

emandbri

how many seats have you had if you only count seats that you used as a primary seat for 6 months or more? What % of the seats you have owned meet this requirement?

Seats in bold I used as primary for 6+ months

fisher price infant seat MIL bought from garage sale (expired)
gerry one click (broke replaced by evenflo)
evenflo scout t-shield MIL bought from a garage sale
evenflo scout (sent by evenflo to replace broken one click)
evenflo discovery (sold)
alpha omega (in crash)
century bravara (expired)
eddie bauer high back (in crash)
roundabout (insurance paid for )
century next step (insurance paid for but returned )
graco cargo (mailed to graco)
century ascend (gave to my cousin to borrow and never saw again)
fisher price futura (sold)
fisher price safe embrace booster (broke)
2 uno (expired)
polo (expired)
evenflo right fit
britax star riser (expired)
2 britax huskies (sold)
safe embrace convertible (in crash)
britax marathon (was defective replaced by BRU)
britax marathon (expired)
britax star riser
britax decathlon (insurance paid part of it)
britax parkway
graco turbo backless
graco safe seat (sold)
cosco prospect backless
britax marathon
sunshine kids Monterey
sunshine kids radian
britax marathon (got from britax to replace decathlon)
sunshine kids radian (sold)
graco my ride (going to sell)
another sunshine kids radian

Of my 38 seats only 16 have been used as a primary seat for 6+ months which comes to 42% Benjamin has be using the radian as a primary since Feb so it will be 6 months soon. That isn't to say the other seats weren't used, they did get used sometimes in my car, in dh's car, in my parents cars, or my inlaws cars. Others I did not have very long because they didn't work well in my car such as the futura and cargo. The AO and eddie bauer high back would have kept being my primary seats if I hadn't gotten in a crash. I went ahead and counted the decathlon even though I don't think I ever used it as primary for 6 months straight. I used it as primary 2 summers though because I would put him in it once it got warm enough to not need a jacket but I would put him back in the marathon once it got cooler and I had to adjust the straps.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmmm...
Evenflo Medallion
Century NextStep
Century Smartfit
Fisher Price Futura 20/60 OHS
Fisher Price Stay In View
Evenflo Apollo
Graco Cherished Cargo (2)
Recaro Start (3)
Britax Starriser Comfy (2)
Britax Super Elite/Husky (3)
Nania Airway
Britax Bodyguard (2)
Britax Parkway (2)
Britax Marathon
Britax Roundabout
Chicco Key Fit 22
Graco Safeseat1
Sunshine Kids Radian 65
Safeguard Go
Clek Olli (2)
Britax Frontier

Those are the ones I've used most...it's been so long I'm not sure if they are all 6 months or more, but 'used most', definitely.

natysr

Eddie Bauer Designer 22 Infant Seat
Britax Roundabout
Combi Victoria
Britax Marathon
Britax Boulevard
Britax Marathon
Britax Frontier (We only had it for about 2 1/2 months, but it is a primary seat)

So, the only seat that I've owned that didn't really get used was the Uptown.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I don't have time right now but I have to say that "6 months or more" would rule out infant seats for me. My shortest-torsoed child outgrew her SR at 5 1/2 months...

They were definitely primary seats (for 2 children anyway) but they wouldn't qualify to be on this list.

monstah

Snugride
Eddie Bauer AOE

Apex 65
Regent
Nautilus
Boulevard

Scenera
Key Fit 30
Radian 65
Radian 65
And I'm trading my BLVD for a Como tomorrow!

Thats 50%.

My oldest child is still 3 years old. :eek: I can't wait to see my list 10 years from now. ;)

Last edited:

oxeye

My kids spend equal time in both of our cars so I counted them if they were the primary in either car for 6+ months.

Baby Trent Latch-loc
Graco Snugride
4 Britax Marathons
Britax Marathon
Graco Comfortsport
Britax Decathlon
Britax Boulevard
Britax Regent
3 SK Radian XT
Britax Frontier
Chicco Keyfit (with an extra base but I'm not counting that)
2 Safeguards

The baby trend infant seat was used for about 3 months for DD1 before switching to the Snugride (which she outgrew a month later, but fit teeny tiny DD2 for 9 months). I am not positive about all the Marathons - we've been through a few, LOL. The crappysport was kept at my mom and dad's house. Decathlon was DD2's primary seat when she outgrew the Snugride and we kept it for about a year. Boulevard has been used continuously for 2 years but I am selling it soon. The Regent was used for about a year. The Frontier has been used since October. Two of the XTs have been used since early February so coming up on 6 months. The third I have only had for about a month. The Safeguards were purchased on a whim and sitting in a closet because I don't like them and haven't managed to sell them. The Keyfit is coming up on 6 months.

50% but 3 will be at 6 months very soon. I have yet to keep a seat until it expires. I get bored with them after 2-3 years and want whatever is new. ;)

AtTheSouthDam

My kids: 2, 3y and 5y.

Carseats I currently have:
Pink Turbo Booster have had for 2 years now
Madison Regent a year old.
Sporty Blue True fit- this is the current primary, but we have had it only a mont or so.
Nassau Radian XT- it's a back up but 6months old!
Oobr on order.

Have owned:
Snugride 22, Snugride DX5 out grown at 15 months and 10 months
Comfort Sport out grown at 2.5 y
Evenflo Vangaurd to tight at 18 months
Cosco High back out grown at 3.5 years by weight for harness
Marathon had for 2 years as a primary
Como-only kept this a few months

As a Nanny: (1997 to 2004)

Kids: 5 kids, ages 6 weeks to 6y

Carseats:
Graco Snugride DX5
Century Breverra
Century Next Step
Century 1500
Century Smart move
Evenflo Medallion
Cosco Shield booster
No need to buy seats the kids didn't use so all of these were in the car at least once a week. Evne the infant carries lasted that peanut until 14 months.

christineka

Evenflo On My Way
Evenflo Embrace (I think we used it for 6 months. Maybe it was only 5 months.)
Evenflo Tribute
Evenflo Titan (only 1)

Cosco hbb
Cosco scenera

Graco Cargo
Graco turboboosters (3 of them)
Graco Nautilus (I think we had it 6 months.)

Century ste OHS

SK Radian (Only 1 so far)

Recaro Vivo (Only 1 so far)

Most of my fancy seats are new or didn't last 6 months or sat in dh's car more of the time.

Current main seats that should last another 6 months are:
Chicco Keyfit
Evenflo Tribute
SK Radian
2 Recaro Vivos
Graco turbobooster

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Graco Snugride
Evenflo Triumph
Britax Boulevard
Graco Safeseat 1
Britax Marathon

First Years True Fit (spare)
Britax Frontier (primary seat, but have only been using it for 1.5 months so far)

So about 71% of my seats have been used as primary seats for 6+ months; 86% if including the Frontier, which I anticipate using as DD's primary seat for quite some time.

Maedze

Primary seat for six or more months:

Graco Snugride 20
Graco Safeseat 1
Britax Wizard
Britax Boulevard
Sunshine Kids' Radian x2
Graco Nautilus

That's it, not too excessive I don't think.

scoutingbear

Let's see. I count primary as the seats in both mine AND dh's vehicle as we use his car primarily on weekends and for "hotel vacations".

Graco Nautilus x4
Chase (I think it just made the 6 month mark with A)
Radian
Marathon

These did not make the 6 month mark:
Apex (given away)
Evenflo titan (?) still can't remember the exact name (donated)
Evenflo something or other...before I knew better seat (trashed)
Turbo (still have but it is a back-up seat for A at Grandma's house)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Ah geez.. You mean I'm supposed to have a list of all my seats ever?*looks blankly at screen*

OK, here goes:

Century STE 3500--Baby shower gift DD1 came home in. DID NOT fit her or fit my car rfing. Used it ffing from 10 months on.

Evenflo Joyride--smallest infant seat on the market at the time. I measured. DD1 rode in until 20#. I'm pretty sure her head was over the shell by then.

Evenflo Ultara--I had just taken the CPS 1 day course and found out how unsafe OHS were. DD1s primary seat from almost 2 until she hit the height limit at 3ish.

Century Next Step--Grandma's car. DD! rode in it at least twice a week until crashed in 2001

Cosco Highback--DD1's primary for about 4 months with DD a qourter inch below the top slots. Temporary fix while was waiting on the Evenflo 2in1 to hit the market. Primary for teeny niece afterwards for a couple of years.

Evenflo 2in1--DD1 rode in daily until crashed in 2004

Snugride--DS born, his primary until outgrown

Safe Embrace infant--(gift)Grandma's seat for DS then DD2. Used once a week from 6-18 months for both.

Britax Elite--hand-me down with half a years life from tech friend. DSs seat while I saved $ for RA

RA--DSs primary until passed to DD2 and used until crashed in 2004

Futura x 2--Daily in one until it broke and occasionally in the other until outgrown

TB--Replacement for broken Futura. Switched between cars for DD1 for a few months, then DD1 Grandma's car, then DD1 & DBK and eventually DS backup until expired in 2007

MA (fido:love:)--so DS could re-rfs 3 months after ffing. Between DS and DD2 used daily until expired.

Husky--DD1s my car as soon as it came out. Had to leave it behind in when I left ex.

Laptop--I totally didn't need this one, but it sure was handy and between my three kids and all the DNs it got used all the time. It expired last year, but I would still use it it without a qualm.

TB--used as a loaner and a backup. Probably used twice a month for 6 years. Just expired last Sept. I got it purely for the cover so I could make two red/white/blue Frankenboosters.

Evenflo Chase--DSs seat for 2nd car used for 1.5 years or so and was in the 2004 crash.

Bodyguard x 2--DD1s in my car and her Dad's car. One used daily until crashed in 2004. Dad's was occasional use until the 1st one was crashed, then Dad sent it to me for my car. DD1 used it until outgrown at 11 then it was passed down to DS for 2nd car. It was crashed last March with a year of life left.

Cosco Intera--DD2's to replace crashed RA

86-Y--DD1's in paternal G-ma's lap-belt car

MA--bought used from CarSeatSafetyMom's uncle, used daily until outgrown in 2007, then given to CarSeatSafetyMom's aunt (not the one married to the uncle I bought it from) and still in use.

Regent--DS rides in regularly, except right now because I loaned it to USmominOZ while she was here.

Evenflo Confidence--DD1's daily once the BG got too short in thigh support for her to be comfortable for more than short trips. DS uses it sometimes, and DD2 uses it regularly in Corolla.

Radian 80--lap-belt/no tether position in my Dad's truck, Used daily for a couple years, currently sitting on porch and being used a couple times a month for DBKs

Ride Safer Travel Vest--DS for my Grandpa's car

Radian 80--Intended to go between Dad's truck and my grandpa's car, but returned as defective. I was POed at Russ over the incident so I bought a

Madison Regent-- put it in my vehicle, one of the MA's in the truck and one in grandpa's car. I used it daily for a year and a half, and have just recently taken it out because DD2 has been sneaking cheezits and is all bloated and swollen and over the weight limit. It will go to a little girl I know named Madison when she outgrows her EFTA.

Frontier--DD2's seat in my car currently

Recaro Start--Replacement for BG crashed in March.

Cosco Highrises x 4--in case of emergency break glass.

So that would be 34 seats for 3 kids over a 13 year span (not bad considering) spread out between 5-8 cars at any given time. You would think that meant I never had to move seats around but I somehow was always needing to shuffle things around to come up with enough for everybody.

Of those 34, 6 (Laptop,2nd TB, 4 highrises) were not bought with an intended regular use.

However, Laptop and the TB were used 3-4 times a month each for the full lifetime of the seat, which I would say adds up to at least six months of use. I just got the High rises about a month ago. Two are being used in my mom's car in Nevada for my cousin's kids, One is in the Corolla and one is in my Dad's truck.

I'm almost done with car seats:( for my kids. DD1 is taller than I am, DS passes the 5 step for short-medium distances in most cars, and DD2 has just about all she needs. I might get an Oobr (maybe two), depending on fit and if it's stable in the center of the Corolla. I'll probably get another 86-Y if I don't figure out soon where I put the one I have. But then I am done unless I have another kid.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC