Long rides in boosters...

mommaon112903

DH decided that we could not afford NOT to go on a day trip today, so he took us up the Natchez Trace Parkway. After living here in AL sooo close to the Parkway for so many years and driving it North numerous times we had never "stopped and smelled the roses" so to speak.

We took DH's car since it is easier for him to drive and more comfortable for me as a passenger. This means that Josef's Monterey was in his car and I was NOT going to move the Regent either. Before today Josef's longest ride in the Monterey was 30-45min and he did GREAT :D Well, we were in/out of the car numerous times and the longest strech ended up being over an hour....he had his legs up in the seat sitting "criss-cross applesauce" which ment his lap belt was out of position :eek: DH stopped, I got Josef back in position and put the soft cooler at his feet, but it was still just a little too short for Josef to be complelty comfortable :(

I am not impressed by the new Parkway :duck: and since we use a drop-off/pick-up line (no other option as the classroom is literally 20ft away from the line) I honestly think the clip could cause problems. I can not justify a booster JUST for longer trips, especially knowing that Josef will continue to grow legs (his shorts are getting shorter and shorter) and I will be able to use SOMETHING else in the future.

What else can I use to as a "prop" for Josef's legs? I know the pool noodle trick works well for car seats, but what about boosters? Or is there a particular cooler that is better than others? We travel to W.Va at least once/year but I am hoping by the time we go back in April (he will be in his Regent for the October trip) that this will not be a problem. We have some similar trips planned in the next few months and I do not drive long distances so DH's car is almost always used. Thanks for any suggestions!

ADS

Maggie

I'm cheap and don't want to buy something special just for that reason. :p We just use some folded/rolled blankets or towels. If we're traveling I put one of our duffel bags with a folded blanket or sleeping bag on top.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Welcome to the world of long legs :D
Yeah, just play around with what you have...towels, duffel bags...duffel bags full of towels... lol. Before you know it, he'll reach a short, light step stool (Target's 1 spot had tall ones for 2.50 the other day).
No need to disparage the PW ;), ALL boosters have the same problem as kids get older, more or less.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC