Help with expiration date

U

Unregistered

I hope I'm posting this in the correct place, this site is HUGE! Okay, I have five kids and I've done this carseat thing for 12 years, but today I am stumped. I'm trying to figure out the expiration date on my Graco Nautilus. I bought it a year ago, right when they came out so this isn't making sense to me. Of the four circles (0-3 and 1 is marked) (0-9 and 3 is marked) (1-12 and 3 is marked) and (07-12 and 08 is marked). Doesn't this make the expiration date in 2008? I know I must be reading this incorrectly. Can someone PLEASE help me?

ADS

andre149

Is it possible that the date of manufacture was 7/12/08? I don't have this seat, so I'm not familiar with their system... and I'm not sure exactly when you bought it, but this seems to make the most sense to me :)

4boysmom

The manufacter date is on a sticker on the bottom of the seat. Add 6 years for the harness/hbb and 9 years for backless booster.

monstah

There might be a "do not use after Dec, 20**" stamp underneath the base. (Atleast my GN had that.)

themvans

Ahh, thank you so much. I knew I must be looking at it incorrectly! The owners manual says "expiration date is on the bottom of the seat, do not use after this date". I didn't even see the sticker with the manufacture date on it. I knew it wasn't as tricky as it looked! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC