Thank You Mommy0608

newmomapril2008

I just want to take a minute and say a big thank you to Mommy0608 for meeting with me and helping me get a great install on ds's TF.

I've installed and re-installed that seat I don't know how many times. And just when I thought I may have had a good install, I met with Mommy0608, and I learned some new things about how to properly install a seat.

She took the time to answer all of my questions, and was patient enough to show me the right way to do things. Most importantly, instead of installing the seat for me, she stepped back and guided me through the install. Now if I need to move the seat, I'll know just what to do.

I have a whole new sense of security whenever I load ds into his TF now.

I'm telling all the mom's in playgroup about this site, and about how important it is to meet with a tech.

Thanks again
:D

ADS

Mommy0608

Aww, I'm blushing (really, I'm actually blushing sitting here on my couch!) Thanks!

I'm SO glad you are confident installing your son's seat, and it was such a pleasure working with you! Thank YOU for being willing to learn and taking car seat safety so seriously. Your son is very lucky to have such a safety-minded mommy. Kudos to you too! :)

Of course if you or anyone you know ever have any other questions I'd be happy to help. :thumbsup:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Great job, Jenny. :) :thumbsup:

And OP, thanks for taking the time to come here and say thanks! We often hear only the "I had a terrible tech/seat check" (generally not with techs from here ;)) so it's always nice when someone takes the time to share a positive experience with us.

newmomapril2008

Well it was such a great experience for me working with Jenny. I couldn't not stop by and let everyone know. There are knowledgable techs out there who are willing to share their information with you vs. just putting the seat in and sending you on your way.

That said, I was going to make a comment about how upset I was with her because of the color pool noodle she was going to try and use in the car. Since when does purple go with green??? How could she not have had a better selection colors to offer!?!? Gee wiz, some techs need some color coordination classes...:eek:

Oh, and one last thing, just the other day I saw the flyer for the BRU car seat safety workshop coming up on the 28th. My first thought was how neat it would be if she could be the one teaching the class. I would have tried getting a bunch of the playgroup moms together to go to it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
How nice! :)

I love meeting with parents from this board, they are generally among my most pleasant and fun checks. :)

Mommy0608

Well it was such a great experience for me working with Jenny. I couldn't not stop by and let everyone know. There are knowledgable techs out there who are willing to share their information with you vs. just putting the seat in and sending you on your way.

That said, I was going to make a comment about how upset I was with her because of the color pool noodle she was going to try and use in the car. Since when does purple go with green??? How could she not have had a better selection colors to offer!?!? Gee wiz, some techs need some color coordination classes...:eek:

Oh, and one last thing, just the other day I saw the flyer for the BRU car seat safety workshop coming up on the 28th. My first thought was how neat it would be if she could be the one teaching the class. I would have tried getting a bunch of the playgroup moms together to go to it.

Hahahaha... hey, they don't MAKE tan pool noodles! :p At least we didn't end up having to use one. :)

Which BRU is having an event? I have no idea who does the BRU info seminars.

newmomapril2008

This particular seminar is at the one in Lansing. Tues the 28th at 6:30. No registration required (but recommended). All the BRU offer these though. I guess you just have to check with your individual location for date & times. If you go to the BRU site and click on Guides & Advice there is a link for "Buckle Up & Boogie." They do other things like nursery design, how to diaper...

I'll have to try and find the flyer. I know for sure it's sponsored by Britax, and the people doing the seminar are Safe Kids Worldwide.

Mommy2Marcus

YAY! Glad that you had a good check! It is nice to find someone who know's what they're doing & is patient.

Also I have always thought Jenny is AWSOME & would LOVE to meet her!

Mommy0608

This particular seminar is at the one in Lansing. Tues the 28th at 6:30. No registration required (but recommended). All the BRU offer these though. I guess you just have to check with your individual location for date & times. If you go to the BRU site and click on Guides & Advice there is a link for "Buckle Up & Boogie." They do other things like nursery design, how to diaper...

I'll have to try and find the flyer. I know for sure it's sponsored by Britax, and the people doing the seminar are Safe Kids Worldwide.

Oh okay, I've heard of those before but never knew who ran them. I'll have to ask the SK coalitions I work with and find out who is doing them near me.

YAY! Glad that you had a good check! It is nice to find someone who know's what they're doing & is patient.

Also I have always thought Jenny is AWSOME & would LOVE to meet her!

Aww, thanks! I'd love to meet you too. If you're ever up this way, let me know! :love:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I was under the impression that the BRU workshops are not so good-- they are taught by BRU employees, some really bad aftermarket products are recommended, and ERF is sometimes actively discouraged... Just sayin'. ;) Go in prepared to heckle.

Mommy0608

I was under the impression that the BRU workshops are not so good-- they are taught by BRU employees, some really bad aftermarket products are recommended, and ERF is sometimes actively discouraged... Just sayin'. ;) Go in prepared to heckle.

Oh great, that's what I was afraid of. I reeeally hope that's not the case, especially at the 2 BRUs near me. There are some real gems working in the car seat department. :rolleyes:

BookMama

Senior Community Member

Skaterbabs has taught at least one of the BRU classes in her area, so that's not necessarily true. :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC