SO Mad at DH right now..VENT!!!

Yoshi

Okay, my teenager is in his high school play, and Dh is going to videotape it on Saturday....we don't use ourcamcorder often, so he breaks it out to charge the battery, check to make sure all is well and test it out (he's a bit nutty about being prepared) While testing it out to see if he can pick up sound well enough from a distance with the built-in mic, HE TAPED OVER THE FIRST 15 MINUTES OF MY DAUGHTER's 3rd BIRTHDAY VIDEO.....the part where she wakes up and comes downstairs in all her sweetness and opens her cards so carefully and she's still in her jammies:( :( :( And then we surprised her with her backyard climber and she lights up seeing it in the backyard.

I am SOOOOO mad at him because in all his "checking" he never checked to make sure it was a blank tape stuck in there!!! He is the KING of checking and re-checking. He works with computers, he is a licensed pilot, he is a VIRGO, for goodness sakes. Well, when we realized what happened, I didn't freak out, I just couldn't believe it. At least the part with her cake and singing is on there, but it made me so sad. Thanks for letting me vent.

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Vent away,vent away, I totally understand, my dh has done stuff like that before too... :( atleast you'll have the memories!

Morganthe

Vent away, especially if it keeps you safely away from a homicidal rage.
I am so sorry for you. That's terrible news. :( If it helps, just think that it could have been much worse: The whole tape could have been erased.
Did you ever make a copy for someone else such as a grandparent?

3 weeks ago, one of my best friends, called me up in tears (she's a tough cookie, so it really scared me when I answered the phone). Her dh decided for the first time EVER to actually clean house. He started with the book case where all her Camcorder video tapes were neatly stacked up. He threw them out because he thought that they were expired and empty. They were the entire first year of her son's life where she taped everything because dh was deployed the whole time! Baby shower post birth, First foods, first words, first steps, first time in the snow. About 8 hours total in time --- all vanished just like that due to his stupidity. He's never been that intelligent in my opinion, this just really takes the cake.

I don't even know what to say to help comfort her, just like I wish I could say more to make you feel better. All I can really do is
((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

FWIW, my dear darling husband + father are both virgos... and so is my daughter. Can't escape the madness of ritual living :p :D

Lys

Senior Community Member
Ah yes (((((( hugs)))))) I can totally related.
My DH is the computer geek. Knows everything about computers ( we have 5 in the house!)
One day he decided to "update" MY computer, it crashed and lost the pictures of us during the birth of our son!!!
I literally thought I was going to throw up.
I only had about 5 pics in the hospital anyway because my DH didn't take very many. I don't know why because we had a digital camera, a disposable camera and a video camera!!!

Yoshi

Thanks, gals! I KNOW it could have been much worse. We never made a copy or a DVD, we had just recently watched it and left it in the Camcorder. The thing that gets me is that he never does stupid things like that- he is SO anal about everyhing in general. I am taking comfort in the fact that at least the whole thing wasn't erased- Especially after your story about your friend's videos of her baby boy- I think I would have just locked myself away for awhile if that had happened to me. We use the darn camcorder so infrequently, I think he just zoned.

We just have bad luck with videos-like when my DD was born, we hadn't purchased our camcorder yet (DH was too busy RESEARCHING which one to buy for months on end- typical Virgo behavior;) ) so my dad came to the hospital and taped the nurses cleaning her up and swaddling her, plus me holding her for the first time after the c-section, and wouldn't you know it- the tape quality turned out SO BAD, it's like watching a really grainy, dark b&w movie that has all swirly halos around everything. (my dad gets junky no-brand electronic things at Walmart for dirt cheap and then that's what you get!) You can barely make out the baby!!! UGH!!!!

Yoshi

Ah yes (((((( hugs)))))) I can totally related.
My DH is the computer geek. Knows everything about computers ( we have 5 in the house!)
One day he decided to "update" MY computer, it crashed and lost the pictures of us during the birth of our son!!!
I literally thought I was going to throw up.
I only had about 5 pics in the hospital anyway because my DH didn't take very many. I don't know why because we had a digital camera, a disposable camera and a video camera!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))) to you too! OMG!I am so sorry. My whining is totally out of proportion.

My husband actually miraculously recovered about 3,000 pictures off a crashed hard drive we had stored all our pictures on (now we back it up regularly) with a program he purchased on the internet for not much money. It was worth it. The computer was old and limping along when it just started acting crazy and unresponsive before it died. It was a TRUE miracle. So I guess he gets an "ooops"every now and then.

The funny thing is, the tape picks up with his "animal rescue" sister (my SIL) feeding a baby squirrel for like 10 minutes with a dropper/syringe. Totally wasted tape, IMO- Why couldn't he have taped over THAT??:rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC