Carseat reviews on store websites...

ADS

Simplysomething

I registered at the target website--with full intentions on commenting on the scenera. Never got around to it, but I really wanted to point out that the seat isn't crap. lol

I never got around to it. Anyway, I was just checking the comments again and noticed one from one of our posters! lol

Anyway. They seem to have a bunch more than the last time I checked--when there was only one...negative review. lol

abacus2

The scary reviews to read are the ones for the low back boosters rated from 30lbs. A lot of the reviews talk about how nice they are for their 2 year olds.

Splash

Or the one that talk about how hard it was to get their Graco Cargo in rear facing, but now it is nice and tight and can stay that way until 100 pounds.

mominabigtruck

I love the one's on target's website that talks about how the evenflo discovery is so much nicer then other seats because it's only a three pt and so much easier to get their baby in and out with a big snowsuit on. I mean come on, who really needs 5 pt seats anyways, why don't we just start putting them in laundry baskets in the back of station wagons like my inlaws did.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I have to laugh about the laundry basket thing. It isn't funny at all but.......
my husband is the youngest of 5 children. He has twin siblings that are way older than he is. My inlaws and I were talking about car seats for Karley and Lyndsey and stuff and they said that they used to lay the twins in the back of the station wagon (when they were infants) on a mattress because there was no such thing as car seats back then!!!! :eek: Can you imagine that? We traveled with them a couple of months ago and they were amazed about the car seats they have for children now and stuff. They are in their upper 70's. :rolleyes:

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Oops, forgot to add, I used to read the reviews all the time. But, I found out that I could get much better advice here than there. It is amazing some of the comments you read. Are people really that dumb?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You gotta love the woman who says the Evenflo On My way was much nicer, and the only five point on the market four years ago. Never mind it broke while she was tightening the harness. LOL

She's wrong anyway. Evenflo was definitely NOT the only manufacturer with a 5-point infant seat four years ago. Graco has had 5-point infant seats out for at least six-seven years. It was around six-seven years ago (???) that they had a Snugride with a cover called Adirondack. The seat was a tan/bisque plastic and the cover was a red, tan, and a few other colors plaid. It was a 5-point.

RubysGirl

I know, I remember, not that plaid, but I remember wanting to buy the yellow, green and blue plaid for my friend, but I ended up getting a discovery V because it was cheaper and I was broke. That was 2000.

And I remember back then everyone complaining about the one set of slots super high on the OMW. It was a sucky seat.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
And I remember back then everyone complaining about the one set of slots super high on the OMW. It was a sucky seat.

LOL! You are right. I hated the On My Way. I hated the handle with that gray foam part in the middle, I hated the base with that long "tunnel" for installation, I hated the flimsy canopy, I hated the twisty harness, I hated the rear harness adjuster, and I REALLY hated the one set of harness slots! (Can you tell how big a fan I was of this seat? :p ). I was definitely not in the fan club of this seat. :rolleyes:

I had a lot of friends who were buying the On My Way during that time and a lot of them really liked the seat. I think I was one of the only people I knew during that time who really hated the On My Way/On My Way Position Right. My friends all thought I was crazy to like my old style Graco Snugride and my Century SmartFit Plus (which also had a sucky harness adjuster, though).

However, I am not an Evenflo fan. I haven't liked any of their infant carseats (although I haven't used the Embrace). I didn't like the Discovery, the Cozy Carry, or the Portabout either. I have had two Evenflo convertibles and had very mixed feelings about them both. I will stick to Britax, Sunshine Kids, and Graco for now. :)

RubysGirl

I honestly have no complaints about the Discovery. It wasn't a bad seat. I found it easy to install and use. The mistakes my friend made with it she would have made with any carseat, so I don't think it was a fault of the seat. If I still had it I would have used it with my son. I just expired two months ago.

It was only 50 or 60 dollars and I got 25 back in a yardsale when I sold it. Not a bad deal. LOL.

mominabigtruck

I'll tell you what sucks about the evenflo embrace. I bought it for my youngest last december when they were first coming out and no one knew that you couldn't use it without a base. And of course its a new seats so you couldn't pick up bases cheap so here I was stuck having to pay out for three extra bases at $40 each. If I had known that I would have gotten the fancy peg seat I wanted in the first place.

RubysGirl

I have to say, it does weigh a ton, the old one that is. I like it though, it feels nice and well made. The base is a breeze to install. I never once used my son's infant seat in another car, so the base issue really isn't one for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC