Six seats in a 2004 Suburban. Oh, and it's 85 degrees out. LOL

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Tanya (sixmaybemore) and I worked a check together today, and then afterward we played carseat shuffle. She mentioned in another thread how she has temporary custody of her niece and nephew, and so she was stressing about fitting an Olli, two Safeguards, a Monterey, a Turbo, and a Chase (plus a 13 year old in the SBO in the front) in her Suburban. So her clan, plus Piper, and I all played carseat shuffle at the check, then moved the fun up closer to me. It's amazing what a borrowed Radian makes happen. LOL

I have her permission to post these. In fact she told me I'd beat her to posting, she's probably just gotten onto the highway (and I want to dive into my bathtub. It's HOT today).

The back row had been Chase, Safeguard, 11 yo in SBO (who didn't quite fit, but the Olli definitely didn't). We were able to independently get the Turbo, Radian, and Monterey back there. There's not a lot of room for buckling, but we did the Radian first (one twist on the stalk, lap belt only, top tethered) and then we were able to slide the boosters on either side. I thought I had read here that the Radian and Monterey didn't puzzle well together, but they worked pretty well, even though both are so much wider at the shoulders than they are at their bases. Gave just enough room for the buckle to come up between them.

3730783620_8806f1179a.jpg

That gave us the middle row for some of the smaller kids. We did a Chase LATCH install in the middle, Safeguard seatbelt and top tether outboard, and there was enough space that there's probably a solid half inch or so between them of space. Then outboard on the fold down seat was the Olli, again, completely independent. Worked great!!!

3730783924_7dbac03c61.jpg

One, two, three across the back:

3730784192_e391a7b023.jpg

One, two, three across the middle:

3730784752_71d9fc09dc.jpg

It was definitely fun. The check today was pretty slow, we did only 90 minutes (short check), and we did probably three or four seats each max. Tomorrow Tanya and I are working a four hour check out in Kirkland. Luckily tomorrow is supposed to be cooler. It's not the 103 temperatures I've done in NC, but I wasn't pregnant and doing those. LOL

Wendy

ADS

sixmaybemore

Something I didn't even think about it, until it happened: Jack OPENED the door on the freeway! We've been bumper to bumper for the past two and a half hours. One of the times we were at a dead stop I jumped out and switched the child lock on LOL. I *knew there was a reason I'd put him in the center originally!

The pics look GREAT, Wendy! I was so happy about the new configuration that I almost cried. And who is sitting next to each other works out much, much better personality wise!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
:eek: about opening the door! I'm so glad it wasn't any worse!

Yay for getting everyone in! They all fit safely; I'm always so happy to hear stories like that! :D

:2thumbsup:

Cryssy Jane

wendy... where's the check in kirkland?? I may stop by and get my radian installs checked (still not sure if they can touch the seats or not in outboard positions). My manual says touch but not brace.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Evergreen Hospital. We'll be there from 10-2. I'm not certain if it's reservation only or not, though.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wendy
Do you need techs? I'll be in the area for a few more weeks and would love to help.

I don't know. Email (PM me for name and email addy) to see if she could use another tech. It's not my gig, I just show up and work. :) If you're bored and you just want to show up it would probably be fine. We're in the parking garage.

Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC