I think its time to ff and not look back

I think we are finally just ready, both Fiona and I are finally ready (the hubs has been since her 3rd b day) I think we are just going to go ahead and do it today.. what do you think? I was going to wait till she was 4 but I have been thinking It is just time, I might grab her a GN and install it and not look back?

Feel free to tell me I am making a mistake lol That probably would change my mind fast.

She is 3 years 7.5 months, and 32 lbs... though she does fit nicely rfing in the my ride still? hmmm maybe not lol

ADS

canadiangie

Wow! 3yrs and 7.5mos and still rf'ing! You should be very proud of yourself mama. :thumbsup: I think your plan to transition to full time forward facing is completely fine. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
"...not look back..." Heh, yep, she'd stop doing that if she were FF, for sure :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. Oddly enough I kept weighing Leah and she never topped the limit of her seat even though I put her FF a few months ago thinking she would, so I put her back RF and she LOVES RF, thanks me every time she gets in the car for 'putting my seat that way, mama'. Her older sister RF'd to 4.5 in our van and always loved it, too.
Anyway, I wouldn't feel bad going FF at this age. If it works better for you guys, go for it.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I think you have done wonderful. Your over 3.5y, so if you want to turn do so. Our kids have all turned at 2y, b/c of being 33-35#.

"...not look back..." Heh, yep, she'd stop doing that if she were FF, for sure :D

LOL there really was no pun intended lol.. I am still debating this, I don't know, but it might be a good idea so I can put her in the third row so I can keep Julianna in the booster closer to me, and keep a better eye on her when we drive for the time being..She sits correctly in the booster now but I get a little nervous still after the one time she was dodging around in it.

skylinphoto

I thought I was ready to FF my 3 yr old..and we turned him..and I felt pretty uncomfortable with it..and that's how i knew it wasn't time. So, i put him back rfing. No biggie.

If you feel it could be time to FF now, try it. If after a few days it doesn't feel right then turn her back. :)

((I personally couldn't take the backseat driving. lol. Well, and I felt he was just plain safer rfing..))

I thought I was ready to FF my 3 yr old..and we turned him..and I felt pretty uncomfortable with it..and that's how i knew it wasn't time. So, i put him back rfing. No biggie.

If you feel it could be time to FF now, try it. If after a few days it doesn't feel right then turn her back. :)

((I personally couldn't take the backseat driving. lol. Well, and I felt he was just plain safer rfing..))

well we did it at 3 too we had a seating issue so I turned her till Julianna went into the Booster seat, only lasted like two months or something, then I turned her back as soon as I could cause I hated how her head would flop forward when she slept.

I did drive to vaccum my car one day a couple weeks ago with her ffing in our MA.. but I turned her back around right away cause I was just trying out the ma ffing to see how it installed and then we decided to go.

For now she is still rfing while I decide I might wait till aug when we go to the pedi for Nolans well check, I will weigh her, but I am sure she is not 40 lbs she was 31 last time we checked a few months ago. I think I will leave her rfing till her 4th bday like I planned.. I am selling the rn I think though still.. and getting a regent, which I am going to install in hubs car, (I want one before they are all gone)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC