Had a BAD DAY!!!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Today started off with me just feeling blah! I don't know why I just did. Ds must have picked up on it because boy was it a day!

After lunch I went downstairs to start a load of laundry only to find out that the washer won't spin and we need to get a repair man to come fix it. While I was doing that dh was dealing with the fact that ds bit his friend, shortly after that he took down the baby I baby sit down in a head lock. He ended up being on time out for various reasons and I can't even remember them all! He spilled milk (no biggie) but then called himself *stupid*! Don't know where he learned that word? To top off the day the toilet is plugged! And the icing was put on the cake ds was helping me make pizza dough for supper;he put the camera in a bowl full of water with the floating candles:eek: I can't get it to work.

If this is the terrible two's (we are half way through them) I don't think I will make it! Hoping it was just a bad day

Let's just say; more then a few tears were shed today!

ADS

scatterbunny

((hugs)) We had a really bad day today, too. Well, let me rephrase that: it's been a bad day so far. It's only 3 pm here. Hayley decided that 10 minutes before she needed to catch the bus and 10 minutes AFTER taking a shower that she'd color on her hands and the arm of the couch with permanent markers. And she's 5! She knows better. So she got on the bus crying, knowing she'd be in trouble when she got home from school, and she'll be cleaning it up as best as we can on the arm of the couch (wood arms).

I'm sick, so dealing with her reverting back to the terrible two's is NOT what I need right now, LOL.

I hope your washer gets fixed soon, and hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

skaterbabs

ugh - my sympathies! You should see the "art" on my bedroom wall.... and our camera succombed to the terrors of iced tea last winter...

scatterbunny

LOL-our bathroom walls are covered in pink and red nail polish. :rolleyes: When dd was 2 she woke up early from a nap. I was upstairs and didn't hear her. When I went downstairs and noticed her bedroom door open and the bathroom door closed, I knew I was in for it. She had painted the bathroom walls with nail polish, the bathroom counter and cabinet with mascara, and Hayley covered in diaper rash cream AND powder. The nail polish was the only thing we couldn't clean up, not without taking it right down to sheetrock.

There's also blue permanent marker on two of her bedroom walls, also from when she was 2ish.

Morganthe

Both of you have my deepest sympathies (((HUG)))) :) I hope tomorrow's better.

Yesterday was my nightmare day. DH has been on 12 hour mids the past 6 days coming home between 6-7am -- each day arriving about 10 minutes earlier. Rowen's been waking up within minutes his return home and yesterday at 6:05am was the time that broke us completely. She was upset that she hasn't spent much time with him and wanted to go wake him immediately. She was also over tired from constant lack of sleep. So I had her tantrum + serious pms that hurt really bad (one doctor coldly informed me last month I should have a hysterectomy--not likely, you jerk!). Then it was just one irritating whine after another for the next 5 hours.

I ended up having her go to bed and I read in her room for an hour. She didn't nap, but it helped reboot her attitude. The rest of the day wasn't fun at all for either of us, but we survived.

Last night, he came home at midnight all tanked up on caffeine because he didn't know the 12's would end. So his typing on the computer woke her up at 12:30. At least she came into the bedroom all ready to crawl in her cot. She slept until 7am, then cuddled next to me for the next 45 minutes. I hurt everytime my meds wore off, but she was such a wonderful little girl today. It was a wonderful day. Bumpy at times, normal for a three year old, but so easily worked through. So helpful and working on her manners. I'd almost forgotten what she was like with a full 11 1/2 hours of sleep.

So I hope that tomorrow is a much better day for you, just like mine was today. Does the idea that it's Friday make it easier? ;)

Lara

Oh wow, so I'm not the only one that has had bad days this week! ((((HUGS)))) to all of you that have been having bad days and here's to hoping they get better FAST!

Yesterday was basically a day from h*ll for me. Well lets say to start a less than perfect day AF arrived, but despite that I had convinced myself it was going to get better. So I had a couple quizzes at school, then I was gonna take the day off from work and come home and relax before picking dd up from daycare. Well I get in my car at school and it won't start. at all. So I wait and wait for someone to come out of the school that can help me and jump my car. The first guy couldn't get to the little thingies on the battery to hook the jumper cables to in his car (gotta love my explanations lol), so he said sorry and drove off. About 15 minutes pass and someone else comes out who is able to help me. GREAT! so I am on my way. About half way home, I stop at a NAPA store and get a new battery for my car. BUT they won't install it for me, I have to take my car to the place around the corrner. Ok fine, I can handle that. So I get to the shop around the corrner, and the (very nice) guy is like oh this battery is totally the wrong size! Who was helping you over there?!?! Well I dunno, some young kid. So he calls and convinces the kid at NAPA to bring a battery that is actually the right size. Of course he takes his merry old time, and 20 minutes later (mind you, it took me less than 2 to get to this place from the napa store) he shows up with the battery. IT WORKS! So I stop and do some grocery shopping and then head to get dd from daycare. I get there, and she has been fussy ALL day long. Turns out she is teething and getting her 2 yo molars. Joy.

I can't wait for tomorrow! Friday at last!

Tara

Something in the air?
We had a bad day yesterday as well. Well, the past 2 weeks haven't been all that grand. Sick baby making for miserable sleepless nights. The other kids are or have been sick to one extent or another. The dd's b-day is Saturday...she'll be 3 ... I guess she's lost her mind. Sending her twos out with a bang ??
Drawing on things she ought not RIGHT in front of me..twice right away yesterday morning Geesh!
And my eldest who apparently couldn't handle school work. Yeah, those are just the highlights LOL

I feel your pain...oh how I feel your pain :(

Here's to a better week eh?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Hope everyone has a better day today :D

I can't say mine is great, but so far it is better then yesterday! My camera dried out and still doesn't work :( Hoping that the warrenty will cover it. The memory stick and the extra warrenty was almost two hundred so it better!

I told my mom about my day and asked her if we had a full moon or something and she said *yes* (and her work is going crazy!) Maybe that is the cause of our problems!

The library called last night with a book for me, so today everyone is napping and I am reading a good Karen Kingsbury book! I can't wait, only 3 1/2 more hours to go!

Have a GREAT DAY :D

mamato2

Ahh, I was reading along and thinking it must be the full moon. Jewel's mom beat me to it. My kids have been fine but my two dogs and cat...well, don't get me started .... :rolleyes:
C.

Morganthe

Hmmm, full moon, nahhh, that's not my theory. It's that Christmas is around the corner and everyone is pinging with stress. So kids are picking up on that, then acting out, making everything worse.

The week before my MiL arrived for Thanksgiving, my usually calm child in the afternoons was running circles around anything she could find. She was an actual whirling dervish, spinning everywhere. I could not believe it. The day after her grandmother's arrival, she started settling down, but on Thanksgiving, I had to tell repeatedly her to stop bouncing off the walls. Thankfully, she fell asleep as quickly as she usually does, even with the guests here. She wore herself out. It's normal to be excited, but wow! It was absolutely incredible seeing her personality and energy level change so dramatically.

Now that Christmas is really coming and she knows it, her activity level is going back up again. At least she's back to getting her normal sleep amount.
All I need now is for dh to get back into the day time swing of things. LOL tomorrow will be his chance. Squadron children's Christmas party from 10-12, lunch, nap, and then an evening out to the local college dinner theater + Pooh's Christmas. Busy day :D

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Today started off with me just feeling blah! I don't know why I just did. Ds must have picked up on it because boy was it a day!

After lunch I went downstairs to start a load of laundry only to find out that the washer won't spin and we need to get a repair man to come fix it. While I was doing that dh was dealing with the fact that ds bit his friend, shortly after that he took down the baby I baby sit down in a head lock. He ended up being on time out for various reasons and I can't even remember them all! He spilled milk (no biggie) but then called himself *stupid*! Don't know where he learned that word? To top off the day the toilet is plugged! And the icing was put on the cake ds was helping me make pizza dough for supper;he put the camera in a bowl full of water with the floating candles:eek: I can't get it to work.

If this is the terrible two's (we are half way through them) I don't think I will make it! Hoping it was just a bad day

Let's just say; more then a few tears were shed today!

We took our camera in to Best Buy before Christmas and they sent it away. I just got called to say they found water residue and the warrenty is now void :( They told my my $250 camera has $600 damage :confused: How does that work?

Anyways we will be looking for a new camera now, anyone have any suggestions?

Wineaux

Digital camera? Ok, first off give everything time to dry out. Many times electronic components are fine once they thoroughly dry out. Luckily for you it was just plain water. That's certainly better than soda, or the Scotch and Water my cellphone once took a dive in...

Now, if it really is borked, we can start looking for a way around the voided warranty situation. If you have the extended warranty, then you are probably good to go in getting it fixed/replaced. If not, then we can get a little "sneaky".

The way your Best Buy knew the camera had gotten wet is NOT because they found "water residue" in the camera. I almost snorted Mt. Dew out of my nose over that one by the way. I guarantee you that there is a little sticker inside the camera called a Moisture Dot. You'll find one in your cellphone and other portable electronic gear.

When a Moisture Dot gets wet, it changes color. This is how they know it got wet. Did you know that you can buy sheets of Moisture Dots on eBay? I always found it cool that you could peel off a sticker and put a new one back on. It's amazing what they are doing with adhesives these days.

Hint, hint, hint...

lovinwaves

Digital camera? Ok, first off give everything time to dry out. Many times electronic components are fine once they thoroughly dry out. Luckily for you it was just plain water. That's certainly better than soda, or the Scotch and Water my cellphone once took a dive in...

Now, if it really is borked, we can start looking for a way around the voided warranty situation. If you have the extended warranty, then you are probably good to go in getting it fixed/replaced. If not, then we can get a little "sneaky".

The way your Best Buy knew the camera had gotten wet is NOT because they found "water residue" in the camera. I almost snorted Mt. Dew out of my nose over that one by the way. I guarantee you that there is a little sticker inside the camera called a Moisture Dot. You'll find one in your cellphone and other portable electronic gear.

When a Moisture Dot gets wet, it changes color. This is how they know it got wet. Did you know that you can buy sheets of Moisture Dots on eBay? I always found it cool that you could peel off a sticker and put a new one back on. It's amazing what they are doing with adhesives these days.

Hint, hint, hint...

Yes, but wouldn't they already know she sent the camera in under warranty because of the serial number?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
So then should I get them to send it back to me? We did have the extended warrenty being told it would cover everything and now that we want to use it they say it doesn't cover water damage! Apparently they were going to send it back to sony to see if they could fix it! They won't fix it!

So now what?

Wineaux

So then should I get them to send it back to me? We did have the extended warrenty being told it would cover everything and now that we want to use it they say it doesn't cover water damage! Apparently they were going to send it back to sony to see if they could fix it!

So now what?
Ah, see this is where I would bow up and get ready to rumble. The sales people at Worst Buy will tell you all kinds of things to get you to buy the extended warranties. You need to do a little homework. In the replacement warranty, does it state that the extended warranty is void due to the item getting wet? How do they know how it got wet? Sudden downpour? They're going to exclude THAT? If it comes down to it, get the GM out on the floor and talk to him. If he refuses, you have two choices:

1) Get the name and number of the District Manager (DM) and call that person. Call them right then and there in front of the GM. I have yet to meet a DM with a spine. I've always believed that being born without one was a prerequisite for the job. The DM will most likely give you what you want, which is either a new camera or that one fixed. Most likely they will just replace it.

2) Start getting LOUDER and LOUDER until the GM gives in and honors the extended warranty just to get you out of the store. You want to be LOUDLY complaining about how the salespeople lied to you and how Worst Buy doesn't honor their extended warranties. You are costing them sales of extended warranties while this is going on, and they will want you silenced and contained QUICKLY, which means a fixed or replaced camera.

Morganthe

I just got called to say they found water residue and the warrenty is now void :( They told my my $250 camera has $600 damage :confused: How does that work?

Anyways we will be looking for a new camera now, anyone have any suggestions?

My condolences on the demise of your camera. $600 to repair would be to replace every single part within the camera + labor. It's a disposable world these days. :rolleyes: At least it wasn't $600 to purchase in the first place.

I have a Fuji Fine Pix that's been great for the last almost 4 years. I like it because it fits my hands more than the typical rectangle shaped camera & it has an excellent 6X optical zoom lense. But I think there's a similar Sony version that has a 12x optical zoom. Cameras are like purses, very individual to the user, imo. DH knows better than to even try to pick out either for me :D

Don't be too over concerned with the amount of Pixels, the industry has finally realized that it's not so important for photo quality after a certain amount. Instead, look at your lag time needed between focusing and taking the picture then taking a 2nd. That's what will make you scream in frustration the most if it's not a short time. There's been a lot of progress in the last year to speed things up.

How does it in interface with your computer? How much does it suck away battery strength are also two rather important questions. Oh and memory cards, how expensive is it to purchase larger megabytes -- and that IS a nice thing to know.

For instance, the 12 mb card that came with my Fuji held only about 45 photos. I think I ended up over the years getting 2 - 128mb cards at about $65 each. Sounds like a lot of money, but the first one was bought at the same time we got the camera. On our first trip, which was 2 weeks long, I shot over 350 photos. I worked it out that the amount would have been equal to about 12 rolls of 36 shot film to purchase & use. On top of that would have been development fees. So I could reuse the card (unlike film) and still be ahead of the game. Unfortunately, I can't get our high charge reusable batteries to work stateside. I had 2 sets of 4 AA batteries that were $18 each set, but worked for around a month with a flash, zoom, and heavy camera use. They just won't charge completely here :(

Optical zoom is also the higher quality versus the other type that is computer generated. I know there's some sites dedicated to camera reviews so try a google search. Consumer reports has a basic list of categories that you can choose from.

Ok, I've rambled on enough. I hope this gives you some ideas to work with, sorry to not provide any specifics. But they're just items that I've learned as important in dealing with my cameras.
good luck on your search :)

JaRylan

Halfway through I realized this thread was from December, lol, though I was starting to wonder when the full moon was mentioned, lol. Hope everyone is having a good day. Hope the tactics suggested work for getting your camera fixed or a new one! Here's my bad day event of the moment - Rylan just finished peeing on the tv stand, underneath the glass so that it flows nicely underneath the vcr, hardly got any on the carpet.

Jacqui

Wineaux

How fast the camera transfers the picture to the flash memory card is HIGHLY dependent upon the speed of the flash memory card. Look for Pro version that say 45X, 55X, 120X speed, etc. Those will increase the speed with which you can take pictures dramatically.

Megapixels directly affect how large a print you can make without pixelization. If you like to make 8X10's or larger prints, then you will want a higher megapixel camera. A camera with 5-8 megapixels is pretty standard these days.

What's more important than the number of megapixels though is how good the lens is. Get a camera with a good lens! It will make all the difference in the world!

Optical verses digital zoom. Always look for optical zoom. Something with 3X optical zoom should be the minimum you look at. Ignore digital zoom. It just makes your pictures look like crap.

If you can find a camera with built-in image stabilizers then your pictures will come out a LOT sharper! Panasonic and Konica make these, as well as several other companies. Well worth the money, especially when zooming in on things. It keeps your picture from getting blurry if your hands shake, etc.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
We just got the Canon A710 IS a few weeks ago and I really like it. Before that we had a different Canon digital camera but it died after my husband took it to a NFL game in the rain. :eek: This one has a 6X optical zoom where our other one had a 3X optical and it makes a HUGE difference! It has 7.1 megapixels but we don't really benefit from having a lot of megapixels since we don't blow up pictures often...actually ever! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC