Ugh, will it ever stop! I HAD to say something!

SPJ&E

I belong to an April 2006 birth board (for my little one, Joshua) and someone posted a video of her son crawling...okay, cute...no big deal. Well you look to the right side of the page (photobucket) where you can click next to go to the next picture and I see a carseat, so of course I have to look. This is what I see (mind you this baby is not even 8 months old...and that's only 1 problem):

So I sent her a private message...I had to...there was no way I could say nothing! I was very nice...told her the video of him crawling was just too cute and he was so handsome and I know she loves him and wants to keep him safe...bla bla bla (which he is cute, don't get me wrong, but that's not the point, lol). I explained that the AAP recommends rear-facing for as long as possible and asked her to please take the time to read the articles and crash test videos I linked her to. I really hope she will look at the information and make the right decision!

Last edited:
ADS

SPJ&E

Good news, she says she will definitely switch it back to rear-facing. Whether she will or not, I don't know, but I really hope she will take the information to heart and do what's right!

SPJ&E

I did...I made a whole big post with links to 3 or 4 different great sites AND the video with crash tests of rear-facing vs. forward-facing AND I kept it bumped up for a few days. I don't know if some just weren't on for those days or simply don't care to have all the information...but I tried!

Do you think I should go back and find it and bump it up again? I don't want to be annoying about it or anything, is that a good idea?

Simplysomething

How close are you to the ladies in your birth group? I say bump it. It's not like they have to read it. And it could be life saving. So there is that.

SPJ&E

That's the video I put in there...I show it to everyone that I can! I went ahead and bumped it, changed the title and a few words, and put some recent pictures of Pacey in his carseat. I hope they will at least watch the video! That SHOULD be enough to get them to read the information...if not...that's just sad, as awful as it is to say!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC