I got my new rn xt! *pics*

skylinphoto

Yay! I love this seat! It is rock solid in my car ('99 passat using seatbelt).

This seat is for my 3 yr old. He is 27-29lbs and 36in tall with a 13 in torso.
He's on the third from the bottom slots..almost on the second to the top when installed.

He was super excited to have his red carseat!!!!!
3727662797_0a8e3d65b7.jpg

Here is my 16 month old trying it out..she is 17.5 lbs and 31 in tall with a 12 in torso. They are both on the same harness slot. Though he is over the slot and she is right at it.
3727663065_5b67a8efa9.jpg

Legroom when installed (i posted a thread in the other forum about the slightly twisted tether strap...but i'll ask here too..is this okay?):
3727663299_73b87fcf42.jpg

Lovin that he can hang his feet over. lol.
3727663411_67e6c74ec5.jpg

And for cuteness..my tiny girl again. :)
3727662923_7254df9729.jpg

Okay! I'm done now! lol. Thanks for looking! :p

ADS

featherhead

Aw, they're so cute! I hope I can get an XT one day too:) The tether should be fine as long as you have the hook the right way. The hook should be facing down.

snack

Your pictures are amazing! In quality.. and in utter cuteness. The seat looks great and not very reclined at all.. makes me want to order one and try it out!

Laurette

Your kids are so cute!!! How does the red mesh feel on the XT? I read that some kids complain that it is itchy...

Oh, your 16 month old weighs the same as my 6 month old. ;) She's adorable!!

myliljunebugs

Awesome! He looks so much more comfy than he did in the Recaro! Not squished at all! :D And your DD is a doll btw, but I'm sure you know that ;)

deedeesmom

Ooh, my son had better not see the picture of the red XT. Nice. My kids are in the original grays. (Which I love by the way.)

Oh, and my dd was the same size as yours at that age. :) Incidentally, she's almost 8 now and still has plenty of room in her Radian.

It's SO cute how happy your son is with his seat.

skylinphoto

Thanks for the compliments on the pics everyone. lol.
The red mesh isn't super soft..but, it isn't rough by any means. My ds has some major sensory issues..(he's SUPER sensitive to touch and textures..eating and otherwise.. it's gotten better with therapy..but, still a big issue for us)..and the mesh doesn't bother him at all. And as you can see he's even wearing shorts. :)

He's so in love with it that he keeps beggin to go to the store so he can ride in it. haha.

And yep, my tiny girl is...welll....tiny! Average weight of most 6 month olds. She'll last FOREVER in any seat I get her. lol.

ETA: Oh yeah, and getting a nice upright install was easy cause of how my seats slope like crazy. :)

Pixels

DD has recently taken to putting a leg over the side like your son does in the last pic, even though her feet don't touch the seat back yet. I guess it's comfy. Actually, I like to sit that way, too, with a leg over the arm of the chair.

Because of the way the tether is, you're going to have a 1/4 twist in it. Even FFing, it'll want to twist a bit. Just make sure the hook is right side up, if you can. In my car, the weight of the hook makes it twist or something. Even if I turn it around, it flips again.

Did you try to move the headwings down farther for your DD? They look a bit high, considering she's on the third slots. I didn't know if you left it from your DS, though. I can get mine to go down farther, but the cover pushes them back up.

skylinphoto

Okay. I'll have to check when dh gets home tonight if the hook is facing the right way. :) Thanks!

I can move the headwings down farther (just a little bit though!) for my dd..but, she won't be using the seat, so I just left them up where my ds uses them.

cookie123

I want that red XT! I wish I got a better fit in my Tribute with the Radian. I sort of wonder if the new design would help. Mine was just before that came out. Right before I asked them if any changes would soon be made and they said no, then came out with the new design shortly after. Do the new seats come with the longer crotch strap?

2BunniesMommy

I love the pictures! Besides being super cute, I can tell how much they are loving trying out the new seat, esp. your DS.

You are really making me wish the seat would work in my van too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC