• Take Frontier and install on the plane

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Take Frontier and check it with our luggage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take Frontier and gate-check it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

essnce629

Next week we'll be moving from VA to CA. All four of us will be flying cross-country and then my boyfriend will be coming back to VA to drive out our Mazda5. I'm not sure what I should take on the plane with us. The baby will be 8 weeks old and will be riding in his Keyfit, but I'm not sure what to do about DS1. He'll be 6 next month and is about 48lbs. Normally he rides in a Regent and a Frontier. Last summer we took his Frontier on the plane with us but now that we have the new baby I don't know if I should lug it along with the Pack-N-Play, stroller, and all the other stuff we'll be taking. Once we get to CA we'll be staying with my mom for 3-4 weeks till we find a place to live and have all of our belongings shipped out. We'll be renting a car at the airport and will be making at least three 2 1/2 hour trips from Los Angeles to San Diego in that 3-4 week span. So we'll need some kind of seat DS1 as soon as we get off the plane. I'm thinking maybe I should buy a cheap booster to pack and use that for 3-4 weeks till we get our Mazda5 and regular carseats. Or should I just bring the Frontier? DS1 has never rode in a booster ever. And if I bring the Frontier should I install it on the plane, along with the Keyfit, or just check it with our luggage or gate check it? I'm afraid that if I check it with our luggage it would get all beat up, but then if I gate check it I may as well just bring it on the plane since I'm making it all the way to the gate anyways! What would you all do?????

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Take the Frontier, use it on the plane. A 2.5 hour trip is an awful long trip for a first time booster user. Gate checked stuff gets broken all the time.

aeormsby

I'd also use the Frontier on the plane. If he was used to using a booster and it was a shorter trip and you were traveling by yourself with the kids I'd say get a booster. Get a luggage cart to strap the Frontier to and put your other carry ons on top of it when you're at the airport.
Ann

xursusmaritimusx

I'd also use the Frontier on the plane. If he was used to using a booster and it was a shorter trip and you were traveling by yourself with the kids I'd say get a booster. Get a luggage cart to strap the Frontier to and put your other carry ons on top of it when you're at the airport.
Ann

im agreeing with this. since you'll have an extra set of hands, just strap the frontier to a luggage cart and haul it with you.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I shall disagree. There is no way I'd cart the Frontier through the airport!!! If you have the original packing box it came in, you can check it with your luggage and it should survive fine. There is risk that it could get lost in route but damage is unlikely if it's in it's original box.

My dd just turned 6 and rides in a Frontier. I just don't think it's necessary on a plane. I'd get a booster now, try it out a few times before you leave and then use it when you get there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC