Introduction

Hi Everyone,
Not sure if this is the right place for this...but I'm a newbie and I wanted to introduce myself. I am Kristina, 34, mom to newly-2-year-old Thomas Reed. He reached 33 lbs. last week and tonight I went out and bought him a Scenera so he can have a few more months rear-facing. I hesitated for a few minutes, then realized that if we were to be in an accident next month, and he were injured or worse due to not being rear-facing, I'd never forgive myself. So...we now have two Marathons, a Roundabout, and the Scenera. :) The Roundabout is retiring (for now, until the next baby comes along), and the Marathons will be on standby. When he hits 35 lbs., he will be forward-facing in the Marathons again (one in each car to avoid installation goofs). I'm not looking forward to it, but at least I will know I've done all I can to keep him safer, longer.
I'm glad to finally join you ladies...now maybe Lysandra (long-time friend) will get off my back about joining! :p

ADS

SPJ&E

Welcome! It's good to hear you are keeping your son rear-facing for as long as you can...great job!

My first son is about the same age as yours...he'll be turning 2 on Saturday, which just seems impossible to me! He is 25 lbs. and 33.5 in. and he rides rear-facing in a Britax Marathon (main seat) and a Cosco Scenera (spare seat). My younger son will be 8-months old on Saturday (they are exactly 16 months apart). He is 17 lbs. and about 26.5 in. and he rides rear-facing in a Graco Snugride and will be moving into his Britax Decathlon once he outgrows that.

Sorry I wrote so much...but welcome to the board!

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
Welcome! and good for you for keeping him rear facing! My son was only just turned around he is 2 and a half!

Clarissa

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
Welcome Kristina!

I'm in your same situation...my 2yo (turned 2 in October) just hit 32 pounds and has been rear-facing in her Roundabout. I just went out and bought a Scenera to buy her some time rear-facing. When she hits 35 pounds, I'll put her back in the roundabout forward-facing. My 4yo is in a Marathon, so when he outgrows that I'll get him a Regent (or a booster, depending on his age and maturity) and dd will go in the Marathon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC