Combi Zeus 360

crunchierthanthou

copying from Ms. Fullaway's post to the CPSPlist-

Combi USA is pleased to announce the availability of the Zeus 360 convertible child restraint. The restraint has a unique single install feature that allows for conversion from rear-facing to forward-facing mode without the need for re-installation into the vehicle. The seat is not removable from the base, offers the unique ability to restrain the child with the seat rotated to the side, and then rotated to lock either in the rear or forward-facing direction and rotates 360 degrees in both directions.

Combi encourages all children to remain rear- facing for as long as possible. The rear-facing weight limits are set from 5 pounds to 33 pounds. The unique “Mommy’s Lap™ Insert” is included for better infant positioning, and increased comfort for children up to 25 pounds. Rearward rebound is managed with the built-in anti-rebound base that allows for tethering in both the rear-facing and forward facing direction for enhanced performance. This unique 360 degree turning feature makes rear-facing tethering very simple.

The Zeus 360 offers Tru-Safe® Side Impact Protection in the shell, and is fully lined with EPS foam.

Installation has been made easier by color-coding a single belt path channel for both LATCH and seat belt use. When installing the seat with a lap and shoulder belt, a built-in lock-off offers the ability to tighten the shoulder belt after locking it into place. After closing the lock-off an internal cam allows for vehicle belt tightening.

The Tru-Safe® Buckle is designed to assure both buckle tongues are latched correctly. The indicator on the buckle shows green when latched correctly, and red when not securely locked.

The harness strap adjustment is a convenient front-pull strap. Harness height adjustment can be made without the need to uninstall the seat. The harness length can be adjusted to accommodate small infants and taller toddlers.

The Zeus Turn has a good concept. I'm glad to see it with a more reasonable weight limit - even if Combi is still lagging behind every other convertible on the market (except the Graco ComfortSport, but that hardly counts with the MR out).

here's another press release. It looks like they raised the price $30 along with the weight limit. :rolleyes:

edit: here's one with a pic - http://www.kidstodayonline.com/article/CA6671287.html

available in chestnut in licorice
- I'm assuming those are the same chestnut and licorice as the Coccoro.

Last edited:
ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks for posting that.

I make no secret of my love for the Coccoro or my un-love for the original Zeus Turn, so I'll hold my judgement until I see it in person. It does sound like they made a lot of improvements--including the MUCH needed higher weight limit.

Given the relatively low weight limit, it probably won't be something I'd recommend a lot, but it would be a great niche seat (for people with certain disabilities, two-door cars, etc.)

Did it say where/when it'll be available?

It looks just like a Coccoro with a big butt :D

crunchierthanthou

Did it say where/when it'll be available?

It looks just like a Coccoro with a big butt :D

Vera's post says "pleased to announce the availability", the first press release says July 09 and the second says this month... so maybe as soon as they can get them shipped and stocked? It was also in elitecarseats Twitter feed. I'd expect it at most Combi retailers, or at least all the ones that carried the original ZT.

I thought the same thing- hey, a Coccoro on a BIG base. :p

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
where do you see the picture? i didn't see one on the press release and their website seems to still just have the old one....or am i just missing it?

i apparently forgot to look at the second link sorry

Pixels

Cool, AFAIK it's the only seat currently (or soon) on the market with the benefits of both anti-rebound and Australian-style tethering. Assuming that you're allowed to use the FFing tether while it's RFing. And it takes the pesky tether strap out of the way, which it usually is with Australian tethering.

I don't love the weight limit, don't love the price, but as PPs have said, it fits a niche. And it seems to be advancing CPS in one area, by advancing the technology.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't think the place where I got my Coccoro ever carried the Zeus. In fact, I never saw one in a retail store. I'll have to call around--I'm curious to see it.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Cool, AFAIK it's the only seat currently (or soon) on the market with the benefits of both anti-rebound and Australian-style tethering. Assuming that you're allowed to use the FFing tether while it's RFing. And it takes the pesky tether strap out of the way, which it usually is with Australian

I can't quite picture how the tethering works on it.

Unrelated question (to tethering): Will the 22-lb Zeus still be available? The release kind of made it sound like yes?

crunchierthanthou

I've been going over a copy of the manual tonight. I think I like it. a lot. :)

here are some things that jumped out at me. forgive the comparisons to the Coccoro (CCO) but that's what I own. :eek:

-has built in lock-offs. they're the same style as the rf CCO, but attached to the seat and used a bit differently. it's interesting to me that they didn't use ones like the CCO ff (which are similar in function to the older style Britax). who knows? they may have used it here first. I admit I didn't pay that much attention to the ZT because of the abysmally low rf limit.
-harness covers snap on/off (unlike the sewn ones on the CCO)
-still not certified for use in aircraft :( but that is understandable with the belt path channel
-there's only one beltpath! theoretically, you could install it once and be done as long as you are checking for tightness. oh, and if you don't need a pool noodle for rf recline.
-the swivel would be awesome for grandparents and two door cars. heck, I'd like it just for times that dd falls asleep.
-there's a separate infant insert and head pillow
-I really, really like that it has both anti-rebound and over rotation protection. :thumbsup: I didn't quite understand how they made both work until I looked at the manual. The base goes up the back of the vehicle seat quite far and prevents rebound. The tether is toward the top of the base and you leave it connected for both rear and forward facing. :)

and a bit of a tongue-in-cheek aside, but I think the designers at Combi have something major against velcro. Not that I mind that, but the inserts snap, as do the harness pads as mentioned above. The head pillow secures and adjusts with buckles. The Coccoro doesn't have a single stitch of it either either - all snaps and plastic hooks. :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Velcro would snag their soft meshy covers, of course! Ok, I don't know what kind of cover that seat has, but my infant seats were meshy and the snaps did prevent snagging :)

Sounds pretty neato :)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It was originally supposed to come out in May, it's been moved back obviously. I don't think it's any different than the original except for the weight. Evan was 33# when we tried it and he was too tall rfing and ffing to use it. I think the CCO offers slightly more room, ffing at least.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC