Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

The Unregistered

Is there any feature in your bulletin board software that can make a person register?
    I know alot of times the people writing are legitiment, but it's like when I start reading their threads, I'm always suspicious thinking it's someone trying to hide what they are saying...but yes, when I get to the end, I see they identify themselves.

Does that make sense?
    River
    Tom 06/21/01
    Sam 10/24/02

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Hi-

To make sure any parents can ask a valid question, unregistered users are allowed to post. They are not allowed to use some of the extra features on the site. Registration really only forces someone to use a confirmed email address. It cannot in anyway verify who a particular user is, or what their motivations are.

If you do see an inappropriate post, please use the "Report this post to a moderator" link in the bottom right corner of the post. Within reason, most posters will be given at least one warning before having posts removed, edited or being banned.

This is a VERY old post, but I'd like to make a possible suggestion.

Is it possible to moderate the posts of unregistered guests ? So that a mod has to see it before it gets posted - it would pretty much negate the amount of spam on the boards.
    Mama to :
    Boo (2002), apramo backless booster
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

I (for one) am not seeing the "report this post" button at all. Not sure about everyone else.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar
    It's the white triangle with red around it at the top right of each post. Thanks to everyone who's catching these spams and reporting them! We get on them as soon as we get the notices.

Good to know - thanks!
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Heheh, I reported one or 2 last night then just figured that with all the attention it seemed to be getting the Mods would handle it without me reporting every single one, LOL! I also didn't want to be obnoxious

But, yes, I agree that perhaps having unregistered posts OK'd by a moderator before appearing for all would be a great idea if possible -- I'd be willing to volunteer to help with that if necessary (I'm the owner of our local Attachment Parenting yahoo listserve)
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}