Anyone wanna see a squish baby in a TFP?

babygirlsmom1005

Here he is, my little man loving his TFP!!!

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg

I have since removed the sholder pads that go over the straps, I am getting a better fit of the harness on such a little one than with the pads on.

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

Cute! Still looks over reclined to me though. May be the angle.

I know, but the paper test and the level indicator says it's not, they both say it's not at a 45 degree angle and could be put back more, which I'm not going to do :eek: - it still does bug me, getting it checked this coming week for a carseat playdate just to be sure though

here is the level indicator and the paper test with the help of my neice (and she was holding the paper properly, I checked it multiple times). Believe me, it's frustrating....one of those, is it sure, is it right type of deal, with 2 things showing it's not even at a 45 degree angle, but eyeing it, it looks totally over reclined...

IMG_5088.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5091.jpg

Andie

Cute! Are you able to get a good install without that pool noodle? Maybe that will make the seat sit up some more?

babygirlsmom1005

Cute! Are you able to get a good install without that pool noodle? Maybe that will make the seat sit up some more?

Without the pool noodle, it installs like this

TFP6-2.jpg

TFP1-1.jpg

The ball for the level indicator is all the way at the bottom of the #2 (the dark green)
TFP2-1.jpg

which is perfect for Madeline, almost 4, but Marshall is not even 3 months old and still has a bobbly head....

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Nicholas is 6.5 months old and I have his reclined that much. This seat looks over-reclined when it's correctly reclined.

Susan

Maedze

It's a farting car seat :thumbsup:

I think the bight of the True Fit is so far back, and the shell without the head rest is sooo short, that it creates the optical illusion of being over reclined when it isn't. Drawing the angles here at my 'puter I can see it's not quite 45 degrees, perhaps 42 or 43.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
He looks really comfy. :) How old was he when he started using it?

I think the recline looks perfectly fine when seeing it from the side and I would leave it alone. :thumbsup:

I think the bight of the True Fit is so far back, and the shell without the head rest is sooo short, that it creates the optical illusion of being over reclined when it isn't. Drawing the angles here at my 'puter I can see it's not quite 45 degrees, perhaps 42 or 43.

Yep, every TF I've seen installed at a newborn angle looks over-reclined, but it's just the appearance from the side due to the design of the shell.

babygirlsmom1005

He looks really comfy. :) How old was he when he started using it?

I think the recline looks perfectly fine when seeing it from the side and I would leave it alone. :thumbsup:

He just started using it this week (he'll be 3 months on the 22nd of this month - so 2 1/2 months old?), we got it last week and Madeline was the 1st in it for 4 days while we were on a trip and I moved him into it Sunday night when we got back because a friend of mine might of needed his Britax Companion to use for her bitty newborn (she ended up not needing it, but I wanted it free'd up for her to use if needed).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC