Finally got to see a MR IRL: My review

MJHY27

I saw the Streamer MR in person at a baby depot and really like this color and the overall looks of the MR but after trying my almost 3 yo in it I realized this seat would most likely not work for my kids. my daughter is 30# and about 37" with a 13" torso and she was almost to the top of the seat. Definatly would not have made it to 40lbs and probably not even 35lbs. The other convertibles displayed next to it seemed really taller. A nice seat just needs to be taller Graco!
I only got one picture of her and it wasnt a great angle but here is the top of her head, the seat was not installed and she was not tightly strapped in but she probably only had about an 1 1/2" left
015-1-1.jpg

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

I tried my DD in it installed RF'ing in a vehicle (almost 4, 33 lbs and 39 inches tall with a 15-16 inch torso) and she has a lot of room left over the top of her head. Were the feet in or out? It totally makes a differance on if the carseat is installed, angle, etc....on how much room would be left RF'ing. Here is a pic of my DD with it installed FF'ing on a bench seat at Loan Star Baby & Kids and you can see how much room is left over the top of her head and there is even more when she is RF'ing installed with it.

IMG_5012.jpg

A girlfriend of mine is coming over tomorrow and I'll see about getting some pics of her with it installed RF'ing

ETA: It would be nice if it had a higher shell on it, I do agree with that.

Maedze

Did you remove the padding? Actually buckle her into the seat? Have it in the reclined position?

My 39" 3.5 year old has a very average torso, maybe a little on the long side, and has at least 3" of space above her head.

Also, a picture dead on doesn't show how to accurately measure head room. You need a side-photograph.

I would bet money that you have more than enough room for at least another year of rearfacing, maybe 18 months or more.

MJHY27

No I didn't have it installed or buckled which I realize would give her a little more room to grow in it I was just amazed that it looked shorter than I thought it would being a 40lb seat. It's not a seat i'd never, ever think of getting; just for my kids a taller, 35lb seat makes more sense

babygirlsmom1005

Here is Madeline in a friends of mine (the infant padding is installed as her LO is 3 months old and on the 1st slots and since it was 100+ degress outside, I didn't want to play rip the carseat apart to adjust everything - she's not buckled in also)

IMG_5105.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC