Opinions Please

Spam

With all the new options for rearfacing, my head is spinning. :dizzy: A is 12.5 months.. 32.5" tall 29lbs.. and has a 14.5" torso.. Currently we are sending our MR65 back to graco because of the adjuster strap, so he is riding in his blvd (jan 08 w/ 33lb weight limit) and RN65 (feb 08). So should I get a refund from Graco for the myride, or just take a replacement?? Use the refund to fund a different seat?? Which one?? The new Signos are suppossed to be coming out the end of the month and I :love: Recaro.

Or should I just keep the two seats that he has now and be fine with it :confused:

ADS

Maedze

I wouldn't stay with a 33 lb Boulevard with an almost 30 pound child at one year. I would get a new Radian or another MyRide. Or the Complete Air. Any 40 lb seat.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I would wait about 2# and see what is out there. Do you see how many new 40# rf seats we have gotten lately? Who will be next? Truefit?

Spam

So, I wouldn't be crazy to replace my Britax w/ a Graco? I like my MR65, would like it even better w/ a different cover, and obviously that would be the cheapest option right now. But do you think he'd make it to 40lbs in it? I also like my rn, it's our seat in g'mas van where he rides a few times a week.. dh doesn't like it because it doesn't have a base and he thinks it looks funny, but I do want to play w/ an XT.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd probably buy a Radian, you never know if his weight will slow down and you might want the height. 65s are only $187 with the code at HipMonkey right now...

firemomof3

Ya, I would choose the XT hands down. Just the fact that it now rf to 40lbs. and can be tethered rf. Love our XT :love:

emandbri

At that weight and age I would wait until you need a seat in case one comes out that can be used past 40 lbs. Russ, at safe kids said that there will test the radian to an even higher rear-facing weight limit in the fall.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Oh, and stay way from the new recaros- they only have a 30 lb RF weight limit!

Was that info. posted on a retailer's website and possibly a typo, or is it info. direct from Recaro or on Recaro's site? If true it's an unfortunate step backwards safety-wise, but I have to wonder if it's a retailer flub (I can hope, lol).

firemomof3

Ya, I heard that the Signos were coming out with different covers but that was the only change. I doubt that they would go backwards and go from 35 to 30lbs. rf

Maedze

The new Recaros have a 35 lb weight limit, not a 30, but I would still never recommend them for someone rear facing beyond a year. Too cramped.

firemomof3

I also love :love: the Signo but in our situation the cramped leg room rf did become an issue:
signomackenzie113.jpg

Hey disbugsmomma, what vehicle is your Signo installed in?

Spam

Thanks for the answers, firemom thanx for that pic, I guess a Signo probably won't work best for us :( Still undecided...my MR is sitting here staring at me, and I like the deep sides of it and push button release, but in the RN A puts his legs all over the place.. he always likes to have one dangling over the side..

jujumum

I recommend that you hold off until your ds is 31-32lbs before purchasing a new seat. It may take months and months for him to outgrow the BV by weight. Perhaps something new will be on the market by that time. I love my BVs and wouldn't give them up for any other seats until they were outgrown.

If you do buy a new seat now, from your comments regarding the base & sides & your ds's legs, I'd recommend getting another MR over an RN. To me, the high sides & high base of a MR make it much more cozy and contained than the RN (for little ones under 2/3). If your ds was over 2, I'd recommend the RNXT.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC