Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marathon

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Louisa

CPST Instructor
which will last my twins longer? are they the same?
i think they will outgrow by height before weight.
or should i go with something else?
I tend to have to move them around a lot

ADS

Maedze

Rear facing? I wouldn't buy either. I'd get a Radian, True Fit or My Ride. All three of those will last longer than any Britax convertible.

Louisa

CPST Instructor
hmm i was afraid of that, i like the radians but i want something pretty, but i know that is kinda dumb, they are also sooo big rfing. but i guess safety first huh, i think my twins might make it to 4+ rfing in a radian

momto2princes

The Malibu Radian XT is very pretty pink and girly! I love my Radian.

I have no personal experience with the TrueFit or the MyRide but both seem like great seats.

Sometimes the right seats chooses you! :)

firemomof3

I also voted for the Radian XT. I have both the Boulevard and the XT and my 3y/o has outgrown her Blvd. rf but has a ton of growing room in the XT. Plus, there is more leg room and more crotch room ;)
I have my 3y/o in a TF for now (she's only 29lbs.) but as soon as I can I'm ordering her a Malibu XT :love:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Roundabout 50 :D The top slots seem to be the same as the Decathlon (a smidgen taller than the Marathon), the extra crotch strap positions make it comfy longer.
The Radian has the exact same number measurements as the Britaxes (17 inch top slots, 25 inch shell), but a 40 pound rearfacing limit. 35 pounds limit is adequate to get most kids RF to 2.5-3, though, and the Britaxes tend to fit rearfacing in smaller cars better than the Radians. The Radian is also less padded or more upright or something forward facing, and it fits forward facing about a year longer for most kids, but can be a lot harder to install forward facing with a seatbelt in some cars.
I'd still probably go with a Britax if I were a carseat novice and didn't want a 'fun' installation challenge. The My Ride is also nice, but shorter (my 3 yo is too tall for it, still fits heightwise in a Britax RF though), and the quality is arguably not as good as a Britax or Radian or True Fit, but for short, heavy kids, it's a fantastic choice (especially if you are on a budget). Can't comment on the True Fit, but I've heard the harness can be kind of ill fitting on too small or too big kids.

cpsaddict

Roundabout 50 :D The top slots seem to be the same as the Decathlon (a smidgen taller than the Marathon), the extra crotch strap positions make it comfy longer.
The Radian has the exact same number measurements as the Britaxes (17 inch top slots, 25 inch shell), but a 40 pound rearfacing limit. 35 pounds limit is adequate to get most kids RF to 2.5-3, though, and the Britaxes tend to fit rearfacing in smaller cars better than the Radians. The Radian is also less padded or more upright or something forward facing, and it fits forward facing about a year longer for most kids, but can be a lot harder to install forward facing with a seatbelt in some cars.
I'd still probably go with a Britax if I were a carseat novice and didn't want a 'fun' installation challenge. The My Ride is also nice, but shorter (my 3 yo is too tall for it, still fits heightwise in a Britax RF though), and the quality is arguably not as good as a Britax or Radian or True Fit, but for short, heavy kids, it's a fantastic choice (especially if you are on a budget). Can't comment on the True Fit, but I've heard the harness can be kind of ill fitting on too small or too big kids.

I completely agree here and would rep you, but I have to spread the love! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC