Would you switch positions?

HEVY

Update.

I currently have DD's Regent behind the drivers side on a mid bench in a Windstar. I was thinking of moving it in the middle seat (if the seatbelt reaches LBP). She usually puts herself in and I only need to help on occasion. If I put her in the middle I will have a harder time helping her, sometimes I'm sure I could just reach back and push the clip in but there may be times when I actually have to do the whole harness in which case I would have to basically get in the passenger side.

Would you go through the trouble?

Last edited:
ADS

momto2princes

Obviously the middle would be the safest place. If I only had one child to worry about I would put them in the middle even if it was a bit of an inconvenience for me.

I would move it as long as you can get a good install in the middle. If it doesn't install well then don't sweat.

Splash

I'd absolutely move it, no questions. If it fits and installs well and you don't need the rest of the bench, it's a no-brainer.

That said, is there even a seatbelt there? The middle bench in a Windstar is only a two seater, is it not? How were you going to buckle it?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The passenger side seat in more centered. That is always my first place I use, then I go for drivers side.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I usually go for convenience, all other things being (mostly) equal. I guess it depends on how heavily you weigh the middle position's slight increase in safety. :)

(The title of this thread has me all kinds of giggly.)

HEVY

There's a seatbelt there. It just passes over the space to get to the third row.
Photo0189.jpg

HEVY

Did I mention we'll be booster training? Can't get it to buckle in the middle seat, I hate the buckles in this car they are so low on the seat and they like to sink into the hole when trying to buckle. I think the drivers side sticks up more, have to try it out.

katiesmommy

We have the same bench set up as your van. I have our Regent on the drivers side outboard, but that's because it works best for us there. We also have 3 other kids in this house.

HEVY

Uhm, wait, Judi? How did you fit that Regent and Husky there? I can barely fit an adult in the middle next to the Regent, and they have to fight and maneuver to get the belt buckled, as I said I can't even get a TB in there and buckle it.

HEVY

I put it in the middle. Not as solid as it was behind the drivers side, I can move it an inch and the car seat is dug into the seat of the car, and it's a bit slanted. Convenience wise, it's good. The arm is usually down. And here's a couple in the Lizards in line TB. Thought it was 39.99 at Kmart, was 59.99. I bought it for my friend's son.

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00381-1.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

HEVY

I moved the seat slightly towards the middle (think that was the cause for the tilt) and tightened it. I will check in a day or two to make sure it's not loosening, I have one of those belts that locks at the latchplate. If that is the problem I am to turn the belt at the latchplate or before I thread it into the seat?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC