would it be safe to use my myride65

with the fraying harness retractor until I get the shipping label? Fiona is probably about 33 lbs now.. she was 31 and change a few months ago so I am guessing as she feels heavier now lol.. I put her in the True fit rfing for now, (I have the radian 80 (nov 08 so its 40 lbs)which I originally swapped when I noticed the fray, but she got the cover soaked in grape juice and I need to wash it, (my spare cover is already in the neglected laundry) So for a day or two would it be ok for me to use the my ride, or should I leave her in the true fit and assume she is under the 35 lbs (which I am almost certain she is)

ADS
I think the fraying is not a safety issue, personally.

oh really? I always assumed any type of fraying would weaken the straps, Although on the harness retractor it may be different.. I am interested to hear, I installed it then took it out cause I thought the fraying looked worse in the sun lol

Mama Jo

I don't know... I was thinking about this last night and I can see how it could be a safety concern. The harness straps connect to the adjuster strap, which is essentially what is securing the harness straps to the seat.

I don't know if I would use it or not. Probably not if I had another acceptable seat to use in its place.

Blondie87

Yeah my Boulevard's adjuster strap was fraying for awhile before I called Britax to get a replacement. It's not like it's the harness, or the part of the adjuster strap that hold's the harness. It's just the leftover strap.. ya know? Something you SHOULD get replaced in case the fray goes into under the seat later on, then may become a safety issue. But right now I would think it's okay.

fyrfightermomma

A tiny bit of fraying on the edge of the adjuster strap I really don't think is a safety concern. It's not like the harness will just shred into pieces during an accident because of a little edge fraying, KWIM? Just my two cents, but honestly I have zero concerns with it. Maybe a pic would help. I've seen people on here saying their strap was just fraying like crazy and then they post a pic and it's a tiny bit of fuzzing on the edge. Fraying is like strings hanging off. Fuzzing is just it getting caught and like a sweater getting a little fuzzied up on the edge. Unless it's like 1/2 the strap, i really think its a non issue for now.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Is the adjuster actually gripping most of the strap? Can you pull the shoulderstraps out and they loosen? If Yes to the first and No to the second, it's fine. If the strap were slipping fairly freely in the adjuster, obviously that'd be dangerous, but really a little fuzz is nothing.

Is the adjuster actually gripping most of the strap? Can you pull the shoulderstraps out and they loosen? If Yes to the first and No to the second, it's fine. If the strap were slipping fairly freely in the adjuster, obviously that'd be dangerous, but really a little fuzz is nothing.

Yes and No.. yeay! I am going to install it in my car until the label arrives and Just keep checking it

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC