Writing an article for a NoVA newspaper

U

Unregistered

I learned a lot here a few years ago when I realized my kids had outgrown their seats ... they're 6 and almost 8 now and still happily riding in the Radians (and, secondarily, Parkways and Turboboosters) I bought based on the info I learned here.

Now I'm back to ask for help in spreading the info a little more in Northern Virginia where I live. I hope it's OK to post this request here (if not, hopefully someone can move or delete it). I am writing an article on car seats for a newspaper and am hoping to find someone in Loudoun County to talk to for the article. I can post my e-mail address if it is OK. (Sorry I can't remember my old username and password to log in and be able to receive messages that way.)

I wrote something small recently for the newspaper where I work about booster seats being the law here in Virginia up to age 8 (can share it if you guys would like), but I want to expand on it with a more comprehensive article for next month.

I still find it amazing how few people know/follow the rules -- even the actual law, much less the additional safety recommendations that go beyond the law. This hits me especially in the summers because my kids go to camps where they are routinely expected to ride in people's cars without any kind of seat, and everyone thinks I'm crazy when I insist. My two are without doubt the only ones in their camp right now even using booster seats. Hoping to do my little part over here to help change that.

ADS

deedeesmom

Ah, remembered my old login info! Thanks, mods, for allowing me to post this.

Rebekah, thank you so much for your reply. I'll PM you to make sure I'm getting the latest on VA. Anyone else, especially in Loudoun County or maybe nearby in Fairfax County? Now I can receive PMs through the site.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC