08 Dodge Grand Caravan - Latch Weight Limit

Nena2007

Hello!

I can't seem to find the Latch weight limit for my 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. I have read the manual on Latch several times and don't see it. DD is 34 lbs in her Nautilus and I don't know if I need to change her to using the seatbelt to anchor the seat or not.

Anyone know or know where I can find it?

Thanks!!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Dodge is 48 pounds (child weight), so you have a looooong time to go with the lower anchors. Always use the top anchor whether you are using the lower anchors or a seatbelt to install it :)

Nena2007

Fantastic! Thanks :) Someone told me that some are as low as 35. That's great. Where did you find that info?

Maedze

Fantastic! Thanks :) Someone told me that some are as low as 35. That's great. Where did you find that info?

THere are none as low as 35. Most are either 40 or 48. Some are higher and some defer to the child restraint manufacturer.

The latch limit can be found in the driver's manual :) It's also published centrally in the LATCH manual.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think it's quite uncommon for there to be a LATCH limit listed in the manual, and the OP said she looked for it, so I figured it must not be there ;).

I got my info from the LATCH manual, the publication of www.saferidenews.com :)

APT

I have PDF versions of the owner's manual for all my current vehicles including a 2008 T&C which makes it easy to search for such things. In fact, I don't even have the hard copy yet for out van. Nowhere does it mention the lower anchor weight limit. There is vague terminology suggesting hinting 40#, but it is not stated as such a limit. Seems like most weight limits are common among manufacturers, so most Chrysler (Dodge and Jeep) are 48#, Hondas are 40#, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC