Dodge Neons and tether anchorage

G

Gabriela's parents

Hi

We have a Century Room to Grow car seat and drive a 1998 Dodge Neon. Our daughter is ready to ride front facing but our car has no tether anchorage or holes for one. We want to install it ourselves because we live in Venezuela where there are no laws regarding car seat useage and so no one knows how to install the anchorage.

Our simple question without a simple answer is...where and how do we install this to ensure our child has the safest ride possible.

If anyone can help us we'd appreciate it sooo much!

Thanks
Jennifer and Josè
:confused:

ADS

dylantomcat

You can probably get the parts from Dodge. When I wanted to install anchors in my Honda CRV I just went to Honda and got the parts and instructions.

G

Gabriela's parents

Hi

Thanks for you response

We got the anchorage kit but our biggest problem is finding the instructions or a dealer who knows what iit is we want.

Jennifer

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Some info

Hello-

Assuming your Neon was manufactured by USA or Canada standards, you should have part # 05017563AB. This kit should fit in any of three positions on the rear parcel shelf; one for the center and each outboard spot.

I am not positive this is the case with the Neon, but most cars have welded nuts under the fabric on the rear panel. You may need to cut away a small section of fabric on top to be able to attach the anchor. You can sometimes find the locations of these spots in the vehicle owner's manual, in the information sheet that came with the tether kit (if any) or by looking at the panel from underneath, inside the trunk.

You can also try to contact another dealer or Dodge.

Try:

http://www.dcanswers.com
http://www.fitforakid.org
1-800-992-1997

I don't know if these apply to Venezuela or not. Please let us know if you cannot get an answer. If you have no success, I may be able to do some research on your behalf with the VIN number from your car- once I have some time and am over this flu bug...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC