Radian65, Radian80, RadianXT? Which one?

What radian?

• Radian65

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Radian80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RadianXT

Votes: 27 84.4%

• Total voters
I am so buying a radian this week from hipmonkey. Too good of a deal not to pass up and dh says he would like the RF to 40 capability(lol, I turned him from not agreeing with ERF to loving ERF). :p

What seat? Kids to use it would be

Logan(4 1/2 years, 35-37 pounds(he fluctuates)-14 inch torso (Second from top strap height)
DCB(4 years old, 38 pounds-15 inch torso (second from top strap height)
DCG(2 1/2 years, 34 pounds, same torso height as logan (Second from top strap height)-oh and I so can't RF her she is a pain in the rear in the car and undoes her straps(she is used to a no back booster)
DCG (18 months, 22 pounds, small torso). (not sure)-she is going to be RF

Not sure who the seat is going to be for yet ;-) Oh and I may have a 20 month old(who looks petite).-She would be RF

ADS

Laurette

If you don't have a XT I would get that one. I would want to play with it, heheh. But I have read that the mesh covers are cruddy so if you can swing it get the girly patter, Malibu?

I know i keep deciding on the colors. I really hate pink though:duck: (unless it is mixed with brown) and I know logan wouldn't ride in it if it was pink.
I love the material from people talking on the malibu though. i love the red/black one though alot.

katieinqc

I'm probably going to get a Radian very soon and also trying to decide, although I have ruled out the 80 because no one's going to get past 65 pounds anyway. Can't decide between the 65 and the XT. Leaning towards the XT for the wings, and that's what I voted for you since it looks like you will most likely be using it FF (mine will be RF for probably the first half of its life).

Isn't the Nassau the same material as the Malibu? That's the one I was going to get if I go with XT. I was under that impression based on the description at SK's website http://www.skjp.com/product/97556/195XX/_/RadianXT

I'm probably going to get a Radian very soon and also trying to decide, although I have ruled out the 80 because no one's going to get past 65 pounds anyway. Can't decide between the 65 and the XT. Leaning towards the XT for the wings, and that's what I voted for you since it looks like you will most likely be using it FF (mine will be RF for probably the first half of its life).

Isn't the Nassau the same material as the Malibu? That's the one I was going to get if I go with XT. I was under that impression based on the description at SK's website http://www.skjp.com/product/97556/195XX/_/RadianXT

To me it looks like that. I love that color. :) I am putting that on my list. Off to see if hipmonkey has that color.

Ok, still deciding between and XT or 65? I am not sure if a RF is goig to use it or a FF. Kids change all the time here.

jess71903

Ambassador
I was considering getting an 80, you know, just in case, but then I looked at a growth chart and if DS stays on his curve he won't be 65lbs until age 9 1/2 or 10, so I'm going to skip it.

Holly

If I can get one on sale, I'd like to get the 80 so I can get the manhattan so it will match the other one. Dh and I both love the plushy feel over the suede too.

Splash

I really like the XT, and I love the way the Rio looks but I know my kid would not be comfortable in it. Most kids probably wouldn't mind, though. I'd still get Rio if I were you.

4boysmom

I really like the XT, and I love the way the Rio looks but I know my kid would not be comfortable in it. Most kids probably wouldn't mind, though. I'd still get Rio if I were you.

Do you mean the rio fabric or the xt wings or the main radian shell itself (or combo of some factors) is not a good "fit" for your kiddo(s)?

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I don't have experience with the others, but I love my XT. I got it for the headwings because I just don't like how shallow the shell of the regular radian is. I got the Nassau pattern because I hate mesh. I don't particularly love the color, but it is very soft and comfy.

ZephyrBlue

We've had all 3, and I very much prefer the XT. Both for safety reasons and just plain old comfort. My 4 and 6.yo rest their heads on the headwings when they're watching movies in the truck, and they have no headslump when falling asleep.

emandbri

I would have gotten the XT if it had better fabric choices. I thought about getting a rio and if it was the same red as my monterey I would have. I'm not a fan of pink and the interior of my van is brown so I didn't want the others.

I got an 80 because I wanted the tan and I like to use the body pillow for head support. I actually have a 65 and an 80 but both have the Monaco 80 cover.

U

Unregistered

I have both the Malibu and Nassau and they are the same soft fabric. I love our XTs

LuvMyGirls

I took advantage of the sale at Hip Monkey and am anxiously waiting for a Mailbu XT to be delivered tomorrow. I ordered it Monday night.

Blondie87

I have a Rio, and I :love::love::love: it. Although I wouldn't want to put A in it... I have used it for 2ish year olds and J, and they love it and have no problems. It has not been fuzzing or snagging at all... so I would definately recommend that one! :)

Ughhh, dh's work striked for this week(is going back monday), but that is a whole week without a paycheck. I need to wait at least another 2 weeks before I get it.

Oh well hopefully hipmonkey still has the sale going on and then I have a little more time to decide on color.

jujumum

I took advantage of the sale at Hip Monkey and am anxiously waiting for a Mailbu XT to be delivered tomorrow. I ordered it Monday night.

I ordered mine last week and just checked the Fedex tracking - my Malibu is in the local truck on it's way to my house today!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait to find it home so I can see if I can actually fit it in my van rf.:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC