Sears Commercial-- Have you seen it?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Have you all seen the Sears commercial in which the mother is putting her kids into carseats? The baby in the middle is rear-facing (which is good!), but it appears that she is wearing a snowsuit (bad!), the harness is loose (bad!), and the seat (which appears to be a Roundabout?) looks SUPER reclined (bad!). It is really too bad.

If someone else saw this and can correct me if I am wrong, I would appreciate it. I saw the commercial this morning while laying on the couch sick. I am pretty out of it, so I may be wrong about some of the commercial. Still...

ADS

scatterbunny

I could have written this post. I also saw this commercial this morning, I noticed everything you mentioned, and I'm also sick, LOL. :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am so sorry you are sick too. I hope you feel better!

I am a teacher so God only knows what I have been exposed to lately. But this illness (stomach flu) seems to be going around. It is awful!

I hope you feel better!!!!

Lilsid

I saw it last night and I said something about it to DH, and he just looked at me like I had finally lost my mind. He said it’s just a commercial and it’s not even about car seats so get a life. I say people do notice these things and it breeds bad car seat behavior.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I think a couple of us saw this commercial in November and weren't too impressed with it either! That is, if it is the same commercial :rolleyes:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8491

It might be a different one, if I remember correctly it was a mom with just one child who had picked up her sears order and unloading it at home.

So does sears have a couple different commercials going that all require car seats?

Last edited:

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
This is actually a different commercial. The first one has the baby outboard and mom getting the baby out.

This one has the baby center, with another child outboard and mom is getting them into their seats.

Both had misuses issues.

Susan

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Yup. I've seen two different versions of this commercial, both with the baby in a huge, fluffy snowsuit and the straps visibly loose.

SPJ&E

I seen it last night and realized that I've just made my partner a carseat nut too, lol.

I said "Some people on the carseat board were talking about this commercial...see how the seat is way too reclined?" and before I got anything else out, she said "And look how loose the straps are!" LOL, I loved it! Makes me proud, lol. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my breath when I explain things...but apparently she listens!

She disagreed with me about extended rear-facing when she first realized that Pacey was still rear-facing and said that it was crazy and she'd never seen anything like that. Boy was I p*ssed, lol...I made her read the articles about it and watch the crash test videos. That did it, especially the videos...and she has agreed with me since...no question.

Okay, I got way off topic there, but yes I seen the commercial...those just get me going. I wish movies and shows (and commercials) would be more aware of these things and use the seats properly! It is such a bad example...people see it on tv and say "oh, well it's okay to do" when it's not! The baby in the commercial was laying basically flat, with loose harness straps, and big thick snowsuit...NOT cool!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I think it is funny that Sears would use a seat they don't even sell! At least they don't in Canada, do they in the US?

SPJ&E

If it is the Roundabout, the Sears in my area does sell them. They have Roundabouts and Parkways...but no MA's, DC's, or BV's. I think, if you're going to sell 2 of them, sell them all, lol.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
If it is the Roundabout, the Sears in my area does sell them. They have Roundabouts and Parkways...but no MA's, DC's, or BV's. I think, if you're going to sell 2 of them, sell them all, lol.

Okay, that makes sense. As long as they sell them, then it doesn't seem so odd. I know the one near me doesn't carry any Britax!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I meant to post this here earlier, and just realized I posted it at BC and forgot to do so here. There's a "Media Watch" form you can fill out and send in to SafetyBeltSafeUSA for reporting misuse of carseats. The form is available at SBS's website at: http://www.carseat.org/Events_Media/89_MediaWatch.pdf

The same form also can be used to praise proper carseat usage if anyone stumbles across a good example in the media. :p

Time to fire up the printer and send out some notes. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC